Monday 30 April 2007
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Girlfriend by Avril Lavigne.
Spider-Man 3, directed by Sam Raimi, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2007
while The Road by Cormac McCarth was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Travels to the Edge with Art Wolfe.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Beyond the Red Line or Bos Wars.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 April 2007!
Which were the important events of 30 April 2007 ?
- Sweden - Birthday of King Carl XVI Gustav, an official flag day.
- Mexico - Children's Day.
- The Netherlands - Queen's Day.
- Saint Pope Pius V
- LaVeyan Satanism - Walpurgisnacht, or Walpurgis Night, as noted in The Satanic Bible.
- Saint Eutropius
- Saint Maximus, 3rd century martyr
- Saint Marianus and James, martyrs in Numidia in 259
- Scandinavia - The arrival of spring, Walpurgis Night.
- Saint Joseph Benedict Cottolengo
- Roman Empire - third day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Blessed Hildegard
- Blessed Radolf of Affligem
- Blessed Rosemonde
- Vietnam - Liberation Day.
- Bealtaine Eve (From either Irish Bealtaine or Scottish Gaelic). Originally a Celtic Druid holiday.
- Saint Suitbert the Younger (d. 807)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 30 April
- The European Union and the United States inks a new Open Skies Agreement which will take effect on 30 March 2008 and replace the restrictive Bermuda II agreement. (BBC)
- The United States Supreme Court decides the case of ''Scott v. Harris,'' holding that a ampquotpolice officer's attempt to terminate a dangerous high-speed car chase that threatens the lives of innocent bystanders does not violate the Fourth Amendment, even when it places the fleeing motorist at risk of serious injury or death.ampquot (CNN)
- President of Venezuela Hugo Chávez announces that Venezuela will withdraw from the International Monetary Fund and the World Bank. (Forbes)
- Morocco and the Polisario Front agree to United Nations sponsored talks about the future of Western Sahara. (BBC)
- General Sir Richard Dannatt, the head of the British Army, confirms that Prince Harry will deploy with the Blues and Royals regiment on a six-month tour of duty in Iraq. (AFP via ABC News Australia)
- The Governor of Virginia Timothy Kaine tightens gun laws after the Virginia Tech massacre. (Radio New Zealand)
- Israeli PM Ehud Olmert is criticised by the Winograd Commission for taking Israel to war in Lebanon last year ampquothastilyampquot. (BBC)
- An indoor smoking ban comes into effect in Northern Ireland, three years after the Republic of Ireland. (RTÉ)
- A meeting of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change starts in Bangkok to discuss approaches to climate change. (BBC)
- The US-led Coalition claims to have killed scores of Taliban forces in Afghanistan. (Reuters Alertnet)
- Five men arrested in 2004 as part of Operation Crevice are convicted at the Old Bailey of a plot to explode fertiliser bombs in the UK. (SMH)
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2007 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 30 April 2007
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Essen - Hansa Rostock : 0 - 0
Division 2Football (France)
- Caen - Gueugnon : 1 - 1
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Reading - Newcastle : 1 - 0
- St Mirren - Dunfermline : 0 - 1
Liga IFootball (Portugal)
- Academica - Sp Braga : 0 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?