Tuesday 19 August 2003
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Xyriel Manabat and Jackson Fraser.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Crazy In Love by Beyonce.
In UK Breathe by Blu Cantrell featuring Sean Paul was in the top 5 hits.
S.W.A.T., directed by Clark Johnson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while Under The Banner Of Heaven by Jon Krakauer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tinseltown TV.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cyberchase: Carnival Chaos or Star Wars Galaxies.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 August 2003!
Which were the important events of 19 August 2003 ?
- Roman festivals - Vinalia Rustica celebrated in honor of Venus Libitina commemorating the founding of the oldest known temple to her, on the Esquiline Hill, in 293 BC on this date.
- RC saints - Saint Sebald, Saint Louis of Toulouse, Jean-Eudes de MTzeray
- Afghanistan - Afghan Independence Day see above: 1919
- National Day of the Filipino Language, Philippines - Holiday for Quezon City, Quezon Province and other municipalities named after Manuel Quezon
- National Aviation Day, USA
- Xyriel Manabat: Filipino actress.
- Jackson Fraser: Australian child of noted family, he is the grandson of former Olympic swimmer Dawn Fraser, born to her daughter Dawn-Lorraine Fraser after artificial insemination of a friend's sperm.
- Harvey Bautista: TV Actor.
- Steele Stebbins: Movie Actor.
- Sergio Vieira de Mello: Brazilian diplomat (Born 1948).
- A car-bomb attack on United Nations headquarters in Iraq kills the agency's top envoy Sergio Vieira de Mello and 21 other employees.
- A Hamas planned suicide attack on a bus in Jerusalem kills 23 Israelis, 7 of them children in the Jerusalem bus 2 massacre.
- War on Terrorism: A Moroccan court sentences four men to death and jails 83 others for their involvement in a wave of terror attacks in Casablanca that killed 33 bystanders and a dozen suicide bombers in May 2003. The trial involved dozens of defendants accused of belonging to a clandestine Moroccan group, the Salafia Jihadia. Moroccan authorities have linked the group to Osama bin Laden's al-Qaida network.
- Occupation of Iraq: Iraqi Vice President Taha Yassin Ramadan, disguised as an Arab Bedouin, has been captured. Ramadan served as Saddam's thug and a member of Iraq's Revolutionary Command Council. Kurdish group claims responsibility for the capture of Ramadan. He was handed over to Coalition forces in Mosul.
- Afghanistan celebrates its Independence Day amid one of the bloodiest weeks in a year, with heavily armed guerrillas killing at least nine police officers in the latest in a string of ambushes. In the last week, the country has been battered by an onslaught from insurgents, who are believed to be a mix of guerrillas from the ousted Taliban regime, al-Qaida fighters and supporters of renegade warlord Gulbuddin Hekmatyar.
- The International Survivors Action Committee releases a 152-page report on the controversial Tranquility Bay behavior correction facility.
- Natural disaster: Start of the Booth and Bear Butte forest fires in the Cascade Mountains, the worst fire in Oregon of this year. Within three days the resort community of Camp Sherman is evacuated, affecting 1,500 residents and campers, closure of US highway 20 over Santiam Pass, and burning at least 41,000 acres (170nbspkmampsupamp2amp/supamp).
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 19 August 2003
Division 2Football (France)
- Amiens - Istres : 0 - 0
- Besancon - Gueugnon : 1 - 1
- Caen - Grenoble : 0 - 0
- Clermont - Niort : 0 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?