Friday 19 January 1962
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Chris Sabo in Detroit and Anthony Edwards in Santa Barbara.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to The Twist by Chubby Checker.
In UK The Young Ones by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
The Roman Spring of Mrs. Stone, directed by Jos Quintero, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while I Should Have Kissed Her More by Alexander King was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching L'inspecteur Leclerc enquête.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 January 1962!
Which were the important events of 19 January 1962 ?
- Confederate Heroes Day in Texas.
- Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy ? Julian Calendar Theophany (Epiphany).
- St. Mark of Ephesus feast day .
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of Sult�n (Sovereignty) ? First day of the 17th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- National Popcorn Day in United States of America, however some claim this is whatever day the Superbowl lands on.
- The unofficial National Popcorn Day
- Chris Sabo in Detroit: Michigan, USA; pitcher (Cincinnati Reds, Baltimore Orioles).
- Anthony Edwards in Santa Barbara: California, USA; actor (Mike Monroe - Northern Exposure).
- Jeff VanGundy: American basketball Head Coach, Knicks.
- Hans Daams: Dutch cyclist.
- Chris Sabo: American baseball player and coach.
- Jeff Van Gundy: American basketball player and coach
- Snub Pollard: Actor (Limelight, Arizona Days), dies of cancer at 72.
- A counter-coup occurs in the Dominican Republic the old government returns except for the new president Rafael Filiberto Bonnelly.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Joey Dee & the Starliters - Peppermint Twist - Part 1
- The Tokens - The Lion Sleeps Tonight
- Elvis Presley - Can't Help Falling In Love
- Barbara George - I Know (You Don't Love Me No More)
- Neil Sedaka - Happy Birthday, Sweet Sixteen
- Leroy Van Dyke - Walk On By
- Bobby Vee - Run To Him
- The Lettermen - When I Fall In Love
- Sue Thompson - Norman
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?