Sunday 7 January 1962, Orthodox Christmas
It was Sunday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jeff Montgomery in Wellston and Jeff Montgomery.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to The Lion Sleeps Tonight by The Tokens.
In UK The Young Ones by Cliff Richard was in the top 5 hits.
The Roman Spring of Mrs. Stone, directed by Jos Quintero, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while Ship of Fools by Katherine Anne Porter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Hollywood Special.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 7 January 1962!
Which were the important events of 7 January 1962 ?
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. Raymond of Pe�afort.
- Christmas Day in the Julian calendar. This is the day on which Christmas is celebrated in most Eastern and Oriental Orthodox Churches.
- European traditional - Distaff day: women's traditional work begins again after Epiphany.
- Jeff Montgomery in Wellston: Ohio, USA; pitcher (Kansas City Royals).
- Jeff Montgomery: American professional baseball player, he pitched for the Cincinnati Reds and Kansas City Royals.
- Hallie Todd: Actress (Check is in the Mail).
- Ron Rivera: Coach.
- Aleksandr Dugin: Russian sociologist and philosopher.
- Assassination attempt on Indonesian president Sukarno fails.
- Bollingen Prize for poetry awarded to John Hall Wheelock.
- AFL Pro Bowl: West beats East 47-27.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 7 January 1962
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Tokens - The Lion Sleeps Tonight
- Chubby Checker - The Twist
- Bobby Vee - Run To Him
- Joey Dee & the Starliters - Peppermint Twist - Part 1
- Elvis Presley - Can't Help Falling In Love
- Neil Sedaka - Happy Birthday, Sweet Sixteen
- James Darren - Goodbye Cruel World
- Leroy Van Dyke - Walk On By
- The Lettermen - When I Fall In Love
- Ray Charles - Unchain My Heart
Top #10 songs in the UK
- Elvis Presley - Return To Sender
- Cliff Richard - The Young Ones
- Frank Ifield - Lovesick Blues
- Mr Acker Bilk - Stranger On The Shore
- Cliff Richard - The Next Time / Bachelor Boy
- Danny Williams - Moon River
- Neil Sedaka - Happy Birthday Sweet Sixteen
- Sandy Nelson - Let There Be Drums
- Duane Eddy - Dance With The Guitar Man
- Rolf Harris - Sun Arise
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?