Monday 27 August 1956
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jean-François Larios and David Khayat.
In UK Whatever Will Be Will Be (Que Sera Sera) by Doris Day was in the top 5 hits.
1984, directed by Michael Anderson, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Rosemary Tree by Elizabeth Goudge was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Adventures of Dr. Fu Manchu.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 August 1956!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 27 August 1956 ?
- Moldova - Independence Day (from the USSR, 1991)
- Roman festivals - Volturnalia held in honor of Volturnus
- RC Saints - Saint Monica of Hippo
- Jean-François Larios
- David Khayat
- Constantine Orbelian
- Glen Matlock: English singer-songwriter and bass player (Sex Pistols Rich Kids The Faces and The International Swingers).
- Curt Robert of Columbus (International League) hits 4 HRs in 7 inning game
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?