Tuesday 20 August 1918
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jacqueline Susann and Georges Collet.
The Great Love, directed by D.W. Griffith, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
while The Tree of Heaven by May Sinclair was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1918!
Which were the important events of 20 August 1918 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- Jacqueline Susann: American writer, the most prosperous woman novelist in the history of U.S.
- Georges Collet: Valenéay Journalist.
- Britain opens offensive on Western front during WW I.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1918 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Tiger Rag - Original Dixieland Jazz Band
- Belgian Rose - Henry Burr & Albert Campbell
- I'm Always Chasing Rainbows - Harry Fox
- I'm Always Chasing Rainbows - Sam Ash
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?