Sunday 20 August 1961
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rick Rael and Linda Mantz in New York City.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Tossin' And Turnin' by Bobby Lewis.
In UK You Don't Know by Helen Shapiro was in the top 5 hits.
Pit and the Pendulum, directed by Roger Corman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while A Nation Of Sheep by William J. Lederer was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 20 August 1961 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- Linda Mantz in New York City: USA; actress (Frankie - Dorothy).
- Rick Rael: Heavy metal rocker.
- Amanda Berry: English businesswoman.
- Greg Egan: Australian computer programmer and author.
- Joe Pasquale: English comedian and game show host.
- Alberto Zerain: Spanish mountaineer.
- Vilhjalmur Stefansson: Arctic explorer, dies at age 82.
- Phillies set then dubious record of 23 straight loses, beat Braves
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Lewis - Tossin' And Turnin'
- Chris Kenner - I Like It Like That, Part 1
- Mar-Keys - Last Night
- Brenda Lee - Dum Dum
- Joe Dowell - Wooden Heart
- The Highwaymen - Michael
- Curtis Lee - Pretty Little Angel Eyes
- Chubby Checker - Let's Twist Again
- Connie Francis - Together
- Gary (U.S.) Bonds - School Is Out
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?