Wednesday 2 August 1961
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ed West and Graham Dye.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Tossin' And Turnin' by Bobby Lewis.
In UK Runaway by Del Shannon was in the top 5 hits.
Come September, directed by Robert Mulligan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while The Agony And The Ecstasy by Irving Stone was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 August 1961!
Which were the important events of 2 August 1961 ?
- St. Etheldritha/Alfrida
- St. Alphonsus Mary de Ligouri
- St. Stephen
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 4 saints: St. Peter Julian Eymard
- Feast day of Ilya the Prophet in Russian Orthodox Church
- Bulgaria/Republic of Macedonia - Ilinden (St. Ilya Day), a day of remembrance of the Ilinden Uprising
- Costa Rica - Our Lady of the Angels
- Day of airborne forces in Russia
- Ed West: NFL tight end (Philadelphia Eagles, Atlanta Falcons).
- Graham Dye: English singer-songwriter and guitarist (Scarlet Party, The Alan Parsons Project).
- Cold 187um: American rapper and producer (Above the Law).
- Pete de Freitas: Spanish drummer and producer (Echo & the Bunnymen) (d. 1989).
- Giovanni B Angioletti: Italian writer (I grandi ospiti), dies at 64.
- Cyrille Adula becomes Premier of Congo
- St. Louis Cardinals (NFL) beat Toronto Argonauts (CFL) 36-7 in Toronto
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 2 August 1961
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Lewis - Tossin' And Turnin'
- Chris Kenner - I Like It Like That, Part 1
- Brook Benton - The Boll Weevil Song
- Brenda Lee - Dum Dum
- Del Shannon - Hats Off To Larry
- Gary U.S. Bonds - Quarter To Three
- Mar-Keys - Last Night
- Connie Francis - Together
- Chubby Checker - Let's Twist Again
- Arthur Lyman Group - Yellow Bird
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?