Monday 20 August 1962
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 20, 1962). The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include James Marsters and Sophie Aldred.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to The Loco-Motion by Little Eva.
In UK I Remember You by Frank Ifield was in the top 5 hits.
The 300 Spartans, directed by Rudolph Maté, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1962
while The Golden Rendezvous by Alistair MacLean was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Net.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Spacewar! or Spacewar!.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 August 1962
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1962!
Which were the important events of 20 August 1962 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- James Marsters: American actor.
- Sophie Aldred: British entertainer, appearing in the TV series "Doctor Who" and co-host of a paranormal series "It's a Mystery," September 1996.
- Robert Meyer: Sacramento, California -- Canadian Tour golfer (1994 Morningstar).
- Duffy James Joseph Waldorf Jr: Los Angeles, California -- PGA golfer (1995 LaCantera Tx).
- Song Dong-wook: South Korean tennis player.
- Tammy Bruce: American radio host and author.
- Loretta Alderete: Los Angeles, California -- LPGA golfer (1992 Oldsmobile-14th).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1962 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Little Eva - The Loco-Motion
- Sam Cooke - Bring It On Home To Me
- Barbara Lynn - You'll Lose A Good Thing
- Claudine Clark - Party Lights
- Don Gardner And Dee Dee Ford - I Need Your Loving
- Ray Charles - You Don't Know Me
- The Isley Brothers - Twist And Shout
- Etta James - Stop The Wedding
- The Orlons - The Wah Watusi
- Ray Stevens - Ahab, The Arab
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?