Wednesday 30 August 1961
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was John F. Kennedy (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Zafer Algöz .
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Wooden Heart by Joe Dowell.
In UK You Don't Know by Helen Shapiro was in the top 5 hits.
Yojimbo, directed by Akira Kurosawa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1961
while To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 August 1961!
Which were the important events of 30 August 1961 ?
- International Day of the Disappeared
- Turkey - Victory Day (to commemorate the Battle of Dumlupinar in 1922)
- Peru - Saint Rose of Lima's Day
- 1st Negro judge of a US District Court confirmed-JB Parsons
- J B Parsons is 1st African American judge of a US District Court
- Last Spanish troops leave Morocco
- Oriole Jack Fisher walks 12 LA Angels in a 9 inning game
- USSR says it will resume nuclear testing
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1961 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Joe Dowell - Wooden Heart
- Bobby Lewis - Tossin' And Turnin'
- The Highwaymen - Michael
- Mar-Keys - Last Night
- Ral Donner - You Don't Know What You've Got (Until You Lose It)
- Chris Kenner - I Like It Like That, Part 1
- Gary (U.S.) Bonds - School Is Out
- Curtis Lee - Pretty Little Angel Eyes
- Linda Scott - Don't Bet Money Honey
- Timi Yuro - Hurt
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?