Sunday 20 August 1989
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 20, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Lil' Romeo and Romeo Miller.
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Right Here Waiting by Richard Marx.
In UK Swing The Mood by Jive Bunny & The Mastermixers was in the top 5 hits.
Romero, directed by John Duigan, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while A Woman Named Jackie by C. David Heymann was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Split Ends.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Colonel's Bequest or Don Doko Don.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 August 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 August 1989!
Which were the important events of 20 August 1989 ?
- Morocco - Revolution of the King and the People Day
- RC saints - Saint Bernard of Clairvaux
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Asm� (Names) - First day of the ninth month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- Estonia - Restoration Day
- Hungary - St. Stephen's day, the main national holiday in Hungary
- Romeo Miller: Musician.
- Lil' Romeo: Musician.
- Jordan Quinten: American noted family, the daughter and first child of Entertainment Tonight hostess Leeza Gibbons and her husband, British actor Chris Quinten.
- Olivia Pierson: Reality Star.
- Kirko Bangz: Rapper.
- Nebil Gahwagi: Hungarian footballer.
- Silas Kiplagat: Kenyan runner.
- Slavcho Shokolarov: Bulgarian footballer.
- Judd Trump: English snooker player.
- Dean Winnard: English footballer.
- George Adamson: India-born English game warden and lion expert (Born 1906).
- Aak crashes into pleasure boat The Margin on the Thames, 51 killed
- Howard Johnson joins B Bonds and W Mays to hit 30 HRs and steal 30 bases
- Janet B Evans swims female world record 800m freestyle (8:16.22)
- Said Aouita runs world record 3000 m (7:29.45)
- The O-Bahn in Adelaide, the world's longest guided busway, opens.
- The pleasure boat Marchioness sinks on the River Thames following a collision, 51 people are killed.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Stephanie Mills - Something In The Way (You Make Me Feel)
- Babyface - It's No Crime
- David Peaston - Two Wrongs (Don't Make It Right)
- Batdance (From "Batman") - Prince
- Vesta - Congratulations
- The Isley Brothers - Spend The Night (Ce Soir)
- It Isn't, It Wasn't, It Ain't Never Gonna Be - Aretha Franklin/Whitney Houston
- My Fantasy (From "Do The Right Thing") - Teddy Riley Featuring Guy
- Eric Gable - Remember (The First Time)
- Jonathan Butler - Sarah, Sarah
Top #10 Latin songs
- Jose Luis Rodriguez - BAILA MI RUMBA
- La Incondicional - Luis Miguel
- A donde vayas - Los Bukis
- Te Amo - Franco de Vita
- Aunque mal paguen ellas - Roberto Carlos/Vicente Fernandez
- Ana Gabriel - Simplemente Amigos
- Gloria Estefan - Si voy a perderte
- Emmanuel - Quisiera
- Y Voy Hacer Feliz - Marisela
- Este Ritmo Se Baila Asi - Chayanne
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?