Monday 20 March 1989
It was Monday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Xavier Dolan and Catherine McNeil.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to The Living Years by Mike + The Mechanics.
In UK Too Many Broken Hearts by Jason Donovan was in the top 5 hits.
Leviathan, directed by George P. Cosmatos, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Gracie by George Burns was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing B.A.T. or Colorful Dragon.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 March 1989!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 20 March 1989 ?
- Feast of St. Cuthbert, patron saint of Northumbria (died 704)
- Saint Alexandra
- Saint Herbert (died 687)
- Canberra Day
- Meat Out Day
- International Astrology Day
- New Year of Iranian Calendar: Norouz occurs on the vernal equinox.
- The second day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- The vernal equinox usually occurs on this day.
- Saint Wulfram (d.704)
- Xavier Dolan: Canadian French Young prodigy, actor and filmmaker, born to actor and singer Manuel Tadros of Egyptian descent and Geneviève Dolan.
- Catherine McNeil: Australian fashion model.
- Jean-Charles Valladont
- Tamim Iqbal: Bangladeshi cricketer.
- Matt Barnes: Bassist.
- Baseball announces Reds manager Pete Rose is under investigation
- Richard J Kerr replaces Robert M Gates as deputy director of US Central Intelligence Agency.
- Australian Prime Minister Bob Hawke weeps on national television as he admits marital infidelity.
- Clint Malarchuk of the NHL Buffalo Sabres suffers an almost fatal injury when another player accidentally slits his throat.
- Asteroid 4581 Asclepius approaches the Earth at a distance of 700,000 kilometers.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mike + The Mechanics - The Living Years
- Bangles - Eternal Flame
- Milli Vanilli - Girl You Know It's True
- Roxette - The Look
- Rod Stewart - My Heart Can't Tell You No
- Debbie Gibson - Lost In Your Eyes
- Fine Young Cannibals - She Drives Me Crazy
- Was (Not Was) - Walk The Dinosaur
- Bobby Brown - Roni
- Chicago - You're Not Alone
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?