Friday 17 March 1989, St. Patrick's Day
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Shinji Kagawa and Mason Musso.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Lost In Your Eyes by Debbie Gibson.
In UK Too Many Broken Hearts by Jason Donovan was in the top 5 hits.
Leviathan, directed by George P. Cosmatos, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Star by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Just Say Julie.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Castle of the Winds or East vs. West: Berlin 1948.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 March 1989!
Which were the important events of 17 March 1989 ?
- Ancient Rome - the second day of the Bacchanalia in honor of Bacchus
- Ancient Rome - the Liberalia in honor of Liber
- St. Agricola
- St. Joseph of Arimathea
- Feast day of St Patrick: a public holiday in Ireland (National feast) and Montserrat, widely celebrated in North America and worldwide (see St. Patrick's Day)
- Ancient Latvia - Kustonu Diena (return of the larks) observed
- Boston, Massachusetts - Evacuation Day
Famous Birthdays:17 March
- Merritt Butrick: Actor (Shy People, Wired to Kill), dies of AIDS at 29.
- Chu Chem opens at Ritz Theater NYC for 44 performances
- Dorothy Cudahy is 1st female grand marshal of St. Patrick Day Parade
- The Civic Tower of Pavia, built in the 14th century, crumbles down.
- Alfredo Cristiani is elected President of El Salvador.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 17 March 1989
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Debbie Gibson - Lost In Your Eyes
- Mike + The Mechanics - The Living Years
- Bobby Brown - Roni
- Milli Vanilli - Girl You Know It's True
- Guns N' Roses - Paradise City
- Bangles - Eternal Flame
- Rod Stewart - My Heart Can't Tell You No
- Roxette - The Look
- New Kids On The Block - You Got It (The Right Stuff) (Remix)
- Breathe - Don't Tell Me Lies
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?