Thursday March 2, 1989
This day in 30 sec.
It was Thursday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 2, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nathalie Emmanuel and Jean-Frédéric Chapuis.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Lost In Your Eyes by Debbie Gibson.
In UK Too Many Broken Hearts by Jason Donovan was in the top 5 hits.
Chances Are, directed by Emile Ardolino, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Child Star by Shirley Temple Black was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Anything But Love.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Demon's World/Horror Story or Four Trax.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 March 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 March 1989!
Which were the important events of 2 March 1989 ?
- Blessed Charles the Good, Count of Flanders (+Bruges 1127)
- saint Jovinus
- Saint Abdalon
- Church of England - Saint Chad's Day.
- Texas Independence Day (1836).
- Bah�'f Faith - Beginning of the Fast (sunrise to sunset fast for 19 days).
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of 'Al� (Loftiness) - First day of the 19th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- Nathalie Emmanuel: TV Actress.
- Jean-Frédéric Chapuis: French freestyle skier, he won the gold medal (ski cross) at the 2014 Sochi Olympics, the silver and bronze medalists were also French competitors.
- Marcel Hirscher: Austrian skier.
- Alemão : Brazilian footballer.
- Toby Alderweireld: Belgian footballer.
- Emeraude Toubia: Actress.
- Shane Vereen: American college football player.
- André Santos: Portuguese footballer.
- Daniella Monet: Actress.
- Alemao: Brazilian footballer.
- 12 European nations agree to ban chlorofluorocarbon production by 2000
- Exxon Houston runs aground in Hawaii, spills 117,000 gallons of oil.
- New York Mets' Darryl Strawberry swings at teammate Keith Hernandez.
- Twelve European Community nations agree to ban the production of all chlorofluorocarbons (CFCs) by the end of the century.
- Jammu Siltavuori abducts and murders two 8-year-old girls in the Myllypuro suburb of Helsinki, Finland.
- Portugal wins the FIFA U-20 World Cup, defeating Nigeria on the final by 2–0 in Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.
- Time, Inc. and Warner Communications announce plans for a merger, forming Time Warner.
- The Purley Station rail crash in London leaves 5 dead and 94 injured.
- The first ACT (Australian Capital Territory) elections are held.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Debbie Gibson - Lost In Your Eyes
- Sheena Easton - The Lover In Me
- Paula Abdul - Straight Up
- Mike + The Mechanics - The Living Years
- New Kids On The Block - You Got It (The Right Stuff) (Remix)
- Tone Loc - Wild Thing
- Edie Brickell - What I Am
- Bobby Brown - Roni
- Ann Wilson and Robin Zander - Surrender To Me
- Guns N' Roses - Paradise City
Top #10 Latin songs
- HOMBRES AL BORDE DE UN ATAQUE DE CELOS - Yuri
- Asi Fue - Isabel Pantoja
- Rocio Durcal - Como Tu Mujer
- Tu Pirata Soy Yo - Chayanne
- Como Tu - Jose Jose
- UN TIEMPO PARA NOSOTROS - Braulio
- MALA SUERTE - Vikki Carr
- Un Hombre Busca Una Mujer - Luis Miguel
- QUE ESPERABAS DE MI - Rocio Durcal
- ES EL AMOR QUE LLEGA - Ana Gabriel
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?