Sunday 26 March 1989
It was Sunday, under the sign of Aries. The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Simon Kjær and Sam Pepper.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to The Living Years by Mike + The Mechanics.
In UK Too Many Broken Hearts by Jason Donovan was in the top 5 hits.
Castle in the Sky, directed by Hayao Miyazaki, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while A Prayer For Owen Meany by John Irving was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Red Dwarf.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Rick Dangerous or Day of the Viper.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 March 1989!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 26 March 1989 ?
- Saint Emmanuel (died 304)
- Saint Ludger
- Saint Larissa
- Prince Kuhio Day in Hawaii
- Zoroastrianism - Prophet Zoroaster's Birthday.
- Simon Kjær: Danish footballer.
- Sam Pepper: YouTube Star.
- Josh Lin: YouTube Star.
- Von Miller: Football Player.
- Josiah Leming: American singer-songwriter.
- Hai Zi: Chinese poet (Born 1964).
- 1st free elections in the USSR; 190 M votes cast; Boris Yeltsin wins
- Allison Finney wins LPGA Standard Register Turquoise Golf Classic.
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Mike + The Mechanics - The Living Years
- Bangles - Eternal Flame
- Milli Vanilli - Girl You Know It's True
- Roxette - The Look
- Rod Stewart - My Heart Can't Tell You No
- Debbie Gibson - Lost In Your Eyes
- Fine Young Cannibals - She Drives Me Crazy
- Was (Not Was) - Walk The Dinosaur
- Bobby Brown - Roni
- Chicago - You're Not Alone
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?