Wednesday March 1, 1989
This day in 30 sec.
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Pisces (see planets position on March 1, 1989). The US president was George H. W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sonya Kitchell and Emeraude Toubia.
In that special week of March people in US were listening to Lost In Your Eyes by Debbie Gibson.
In UK Too Many Broken Hearts by Jason Donovan was in the top 5 hits.
Chances Are, directed by Emile Ardolino, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1989
while Blind Faith by Joe McGinniss was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Anything But Love.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing The Astyanax or Black Gold.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 1 March 1989
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 March 1989!
Which were the important events of 1 March 1989 ?
- Saint Eudoxia
- Self Injury Awareness Day
- Historically, March 1st was considered to be the beginning of the Roman 'work year' as January (the official first month) and February were unfit for warfare. The numerical Latin names of some months reflect this. (September = Seventh, October = Eighth, November = Ninth, December = Tenth). (see New Year).
- Korea - Independence Movement Day (Samiljeol; ???).
- Saint David's Day (National Holiday of Wales).
- Iceland - This day is called the Beer Day, but this day in 1989 beer was allowed again.
- Martisor - a seasonal holiday in Romania.
- Baba Marta - a Bulgarian custom when the Martenitsa is worn for good health and luck symbolizing the beginning of the spring season in Bulgaria.
- Eight Hours Day - Tasmania, Australia.
- Saint Albin
- Labour day - Western Australia.
- Saint Swidbert
- Bah�'f Faith - Last Day (4 or 5) of Ayy�m-i-H� (Intercalary Days) - days in the Bah�'f calendar devoted to service and gift giving.
- World Day of Prayer.
- Roman Empire - The sacred fire of Rome was renewed (See Vesta).
- Roman Empire - New Year.
- World Civil Defense Day - This Day commemorates the entry into force in 1972 of the ICDO Constitution as an inter-governmental organisation. 
- Roman Empire - Matronalia in honor of Juno.
- Independence Day in Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Saint Monan, largely legendary Scottish saint.
- Sonya Kitchell: American singer, songwriter and guitarist.
- Emeraude Toubia: TV Actress.
- Daniella Monet: American actress.
- Malik Bentalha
- Emma : Wrestler.
- Julianne Philips and Bruce Springsteen divorce
- James D. Watkins starts his term of office as U.S. Secretary of Energy.
- Comet du Toit at perihelion.
- Louis Wade Sullivan starts his term of office as U.S. Secretary of Commerce.
- The Berne Convention, an international treaty on copyrights, is ratified by the United States.
- The United States becomes a member of the Berne Convention for the Protection of Literary and Artistic Works.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1989 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Debbie Gibson - Lost In Your Eyes
- Sheena Easton - The Lover In Me
- Paula Abdul - Straight Up
- Mike + The Mechanics - The Living Years
- New Kids On The Block - You Got It (The Right Stuff) (Remix)
- Tone Loc - Wild Thing
- Edie Brickell - What I Am
- Bobby Brown - Roni
- Ann Wilson and Robin Zander - Surrender To Me
- Guns N' Roses - Paradise City
Top #10 Latin songs
- HOMBRES AL BORDE DE UN ATAQUE DE CELOS - Yuri
- Asi Fue - Isabel Pantoja
- Rocio Durcal - Como Tu Mujer
- Tu Pirata Soy Yo - Chayanne
- Como Tu - Jose Jose
- UN TIEMPO PARA NOSOTROS - Braulio
- MALA SUERTE - Vikki Carr
- Un Hombre Busca Una Mujer - Luis Miguel
- QUE ESPERABAS DE MI - Rocio Durcal
- ES EL AMOR QUE LLEGA - Ana Gabriel
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?