Wednesday 20 September 1933
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bob Banas in New York City and Bob Banas.
The Private Life of Henry VIII., directed by Alexander Korda, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
while Ann Vickers by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 September 1933!
Which were the important events of 20 September 1933 ?
- Bob Banas: NYC, New York -- Choreographer (Malibu U, Jonathan Winters Show).
- Bob Banas in New York City: New York, USA; choreographer (Malibu U, Jonathan Winters Show).
- Karen Sharpe: American film and television actress who appeared on screen from 1952 to 1966.
- WB Brydon: English actor.
- Steve McCall: American drummer (Air) (d. 1989).
- Dennis Viollet: English footballer and manager (d. 1999).
- Annie Besant: British-Indian social reformer and feminist at the forefront of liberal movements for 60 years.
- Pittsburgh Steelers (as Pirates) play 1st NFL game, lose 23-2
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?