Thursday 28 September 1933
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Madeleine M and Charles Barsotti.
Footlight Parade, directed by Lloyd Bacon, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
while One More River by John Galsworth was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1933!
Which were the important events of 28 September 1933 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Madeleine M: Kunin in Switzerland; American politician (Governor-Democrat-Vermont).
- Charles Barsotti: American cartoonist who contributed gag cartoons to major magazines.
- Joe Benton: British politician, a Member of Parliament returned at by-election on 11/08/1990 to replace Michael Carr who died 7/20/1990.
- Sylvia Kars: American Sensuality Therapist, surrogate sex-partner, instructor and lecturer.
- Miguel Berrocal: Spanish sculptor and educator (d. 2006).
- Greer Garson wed Edward Snelson
- Sally Eilers weds Harry Joe Brown
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?