Saturday 2 September 1933
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Mathieu Kérékou and Ed Conlin.
Penthouse, directed by W.S. Van Dyke, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
while Ann Vickers by Sinclair Lewis was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 September 1933!
Which were the important events of 2 September 1933 ?
- Mauritius - Ganesh Chaturthi
- Also see September 2 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Sophia
- Sedan Day (Sedantag) - traditional national German holiday (see Sedan, France) that commemorates Prussia's victory over France in 1870, making the German Empire a reality.
- Transnistria - Independence day, note Transnistria is not an internationally recognized independent state
- Vietnam - National Day (independence from France, 1945)
- Mathieu Kérékou: Beninese soldier and politician President of Benin (d. 2015).
- Ed Conlin: American basketball player and coach (d. 2012).
- Victor Spinetti: Welsh actor.
- Tees Reitsma: Dutch astrologer and conductor of an email list of astrological organizations and events as a community service, from 2000.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?