Saturday September 16, 1933
US date format: 9/16/1933, UK date format: 16/9/1933
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 16, 1933). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Ramsay MacDonald (Labour), Pope Pius XI was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Jim Gilbert and George Chakiris in Norwood.
Wild Boys of the Road, directed by William A. Wellman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1933
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of September 16, 1933?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- See more
- George Gore: American baseball player (Born 1857).