Saturday 21 January 2012
It was Saturday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to We Found Love by Rihanna.
Bachelorette, directed by Leslye Headland, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2012
while Unbroken by Laura Hillenbrand was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Crash Course: World History.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Ben 10: Omniverse or Call of Cthulhu: The Wasted Land.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 21 January 2012 ?
- National Hugging Day
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agnes.
- Mauritius - Thaipoosam Cavadee.
- UN Arms Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 21 January
- The death toll of a series of co-ordinated bombing attacks in Kano, Nigeria, rises to more than 140. The attacks, which targeted police stations across the city, are attributed to Islamist group Boko Haram. (''The Guardian'')
- Under new guidelines to come into force from April 30, clinics which charge for pregnancy services, including abortions, will be able to advertise on radio and television in the United Kingdom, after the Broadcast Committee of Advertising Practice ruled there was no justification for barring such clinics from advertising their services. (BBC)
- A Republican Party primary election takes place in the U.S. state of South Carolina, with Newt Gingrich being declared the winner and Mitt Romney coming second. (BBC)
- Håkan Juholt resigns as the head of the Swedish Social Democratic Party, after less than a year in the post. (''Aftonbladet'')
- Leading international virologists agree to temporarily halt work on a more virulent strain of the H5N1 influenza virus, due to fears that an airborne strain of the lethal virus could be used by bioterrorists. (''New Scientist'')
- The Africa Cup of Nations, Africa's primary international football competition, begins in Equatorial Guinea, with Gabon co-hosting. (BBC)
- Former Pennsylvania State University football coach Joe Paterno, who is suffering from lung cancer, is reported to be in grave condition. (CBS News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2012 ?
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 21 January 2012
Serie AItalian Football
- Atalanta - Juventus : 0 - 2
- Roma - Cesena : 5 - 1
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Bergen - Oud-Heverlee Leuven : 2 - 2
- Club Brugge - Mechelen : 0 - 1
- Gent - Waregem : 0 - 0
- Germinal - Cercle Brugge : 4 - 0
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Freiburg - Augsburg : 1 - 0
- Hoffenheim - Hannover : 0 - 0
- Kaiserslautern - Werder Bremen : 0 - 0
- Nurnberg - Hertha : 2 - 0
La Liga Primera DivisionFootball (Spain)
- Betis - Sevilla : 1 - 1
- Espanol - Granada : 3 - 0
- Santander - Getafe : 1 - 2
- Sociedad - Ath Madrid : 0 - 4
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?