Friday January 21, 1983
US date format: 1/21/1983, UK date format: 21/1/1983
Is this your lucky day? Bet on the figures of this date here
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius (see birth chart on January 21, 1983). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Maryse Ouellet and Alvaro Quiros.
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Down Under by Men At Work.
In UK You Can't Hurry Love by Phil Collins was in the top 5 hits.
Lianna, directed by John Sayles, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1983
while Master of the Game by Sidney Sheldon was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Hard Word.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing I Want My Mommy or Megapede.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of January 21, 1983?
- National Hugging Day
- Catholicism - Feast day of Saint Agnes.
- Mauritius - Thaipoosam Cavadee.
- UN Arms Day
- Bollingen Prize for poetry awarded to Anthony E Hecht.
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 21, 1983?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Michael Jackson And Paul McCartney - The Girl Is Mine
- Sonny Charles - Put It In A Magazine
- Tyrone Davis - Are You Serious
- Marvin Gaye - Sexual Healing
- Chaka Khan - Got To Be There
- Janet Jackson - Young Love
- Lionel Richie - Truly
- Evelyn King - Betcha She Don't Love You
- Barkays - Do It (let Me See You Shake)
- Ray Parker Jr. - Bad Boy
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?