Saturday 21 May 1988
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 21, 1988). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Park Gyu-ri and Park Gyuri.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Anything For You by Gloria Estefan.
In UK Perfect by Fairground Attraction was in the top 5 hits.
Killer Klowns from Outer Space, directed by Stephen Chiodo, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while The Mysteries Of Pittsburgh by Michael Chabon was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Bereitschaft Dr. Federau.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Devastators or Crossroads II.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 May 1988
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 May 1988!
Which were the important events of 21 May 1988 ?
- Saint Constantine the Great
- Saints Constantine and Helena
- Saint Mireille
- Saint Charles-EugFne de Mazenod
- Dia de la Afrocolombianidad marks the abolition of slavery in Colombia.
- Navy Day (Dfa de las Glorias Navales) in Chile.
- Saint Goderik
- Park Gyu-ri: South Korean singer and actress (Kara).
- Park Gyuri: Korean singer/actress/disc jockey.
- Roxy Sowlaty: Reality Star.
- MrCreepyPasta : YouTube Star.
- Jonathan Howson: English footballer.
- Jonny Howson: English footballer.
- Kaire Leibak: Estonian triple jumper.
- Claire Cashmore: English swimmer.
- Dino Conte Grandi: Italian delegate to League of Nations, dies at age 92.
- Fat by Weird Al Yankovic hits #99
- Jane Powell weds Dickie Moore
- 114th Preakness: Eddie Delahoussaye aboard Risen Star wins in 1:56.2.
- US performs nuclear test at Nevada Test Site.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Gloria Estefan - Anything For You
- George Michael - One More Try
- Johnny Hates Jazz - Shattered Dreams
- Pet Shop Boys - Always On My Mind
- Samantha Fox - Naughty Girls (Need Love Too)
- Foreigner - I Don't Want To Live Without You
- Icehouse - Electric Blue
- White Lion - Wait
- Daryl Hall & John Oates - Everything Your Heart Desires
- The Deele - Two Occasions
Top #10 R&B songs
- Pebbles - Mercedes Boy
- Al B. Sure! - Nite And Day
- Suave - My Girl
- Johnny Kemp - Just Got Paid
- Keith Sweat - Something Just Ain't Right
- Jesse Johnson - Love Struck
- Kool Moe Dee - Wild, Wild West
- Stevie Wonder & Michael Jackson - Get It
- Tony Toni Tone - Little Walter
- Howard Hewett - Strange Relationship
Top #10 Latin songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?