Sunday 8 May 1988
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Trisha Paytas and Danijel Alibabic.
In that special week of May people in US were listening to Wishing Well by Terence Trent D'Arby.
In UK Perfect by Fairground Attraction was in the top 5 hits.
Wings of Desire, directed by Wim Wenders, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while A Brief History Of Time by Stephen W. Hawking was one of the best selling books.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Baal or Dangerous Dave.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 8 May 1988 ?
- Saints Wiro, Plechelmus and Otger
- Saint Macharius of Ghent (died 1012)
- Parents' Day in South Korea
- Iris feast of the Region of Brussels capital (in Belgium)
- VE Day
- World Red Cross and Red Crescent Day
- Saint Ida of Nivelles
- Trisha Paytas: YouTube Star.
- Danijel Alibabic
- Doga Konakoglu: Vine Star.
- Tanel Kurbas: Estonian basketball player.
- Maicon de Oliveira: Brazilian footballer (d. 2014).
- David Sjølie: Norwegian guitarist (Mopti).
- Robert A Heinlein: American science-fiction writer (Friday), dies of heart failure at age 80 (born 1907).
- Oba Oba closes at Ambassador Theater NYC after 46 performances
- Francois Mitterrand elected President of France
- Mike Tyson crashes his $183,000 Bently on Varick St. in New York City
- Amateur referees work New Jersey Devils-Boston Bruins playoff games, as NHL referees walk-off, due to a restraining order brought by the Devils.
- Juli Inkster wins LPGA Crestar Golf Classic.
- A fire at Illinois Bell's Hinsdale Central Office triggers an extended 1AESS network outage once considered the 'worst telecommunications disaster in US telephone industry history' and still the worst to occur on Mother's Day.
Which were the top hits in that special week of May 1988 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Terence Trent D'Arby - Wishing Well
- Gloria Estefan - Anything For You
- Aerosmith - Angel
- Whitney Houston - Where Do Broken Hearts Go
- Natalie Cole - Pink Cadillac
- Pet Shop Boys - Always On My Mind
- Taylor Dayne - Prove Your Love
- Johnny Hates Jazz - Shattered Dreams
- Icehouse - Electric Blue
- Samantha Fox - Naughty Girls (Need Love Too)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?