Tuesday June 21, 1988
US date format: 6/21/1988, UK date format: 21/6/1988
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer (see birth chart on June 21, 1988). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Margaret Thatcher (Conservative), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Allyssa DeHaan and Thaddeus Young.
In that special week of June people in US were listening to Foolish Beat by Debbie Gibson.
In UK With A Little Help From My Friends / She's Leaving Home by Wet Wet Wet / Billy Bragg With Cara Tivey was in the top 5 hits.
Coming to America, directed by John Landis, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1988
while Zoya by Danielle Steel was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Brainstorm.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hard Head or Bravoman.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of June 21, 1988?
- 42nd NBA Championship: LA Lakers beat Detroit Pistons, 4 games to 3
- Many killed at demonstration against general Ne Win in Rangoon
- Rascals begin 1st tour in 20 years
- Robert Lee "Bobby" Dodd: US football coach.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 21, 1988?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Teddy Pendergrass - Joy
- George Michael - One More Try
- Prince - Alphabet St.
- Sade - Paradise
- James Brown - I'm Real
- Tony Toni Tone - Little Walter
- Doug E. Fresh & The Get Fresh Crew - Keep Risin' To The Top
- Michael Jackson - Dirty Diana
- Gregory Abbott - I'll Prove It To You
- D.J. Jazzy Jeff & The Fresh Prince - Parents Just Don't Understand
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?