Wednesday 21 October 1987
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 21, 1987). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Andrey Grechin and Sam McTrusty.
In that special week of October people in US were listening to Bad by Michael Jackson.
In UK You Win Again by The Bee Gees was in the top 5 hits.
Cry Freedom, directed by Richard Attenborough, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1987
while The Great Depression Of 1990 by Ravi Batra was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Finders Keepers.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dragon Scroll or Doremikko.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 21 October 1987
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 21 October 1987!
Which were the important events of 21 October 1987 ?
- Republic of China - Overseas Chinese Day
- French Republican Calendar - Tonneau (Barrel) Day, thirtieth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- In the comic novel Good Omens by Neil Gaiman and Terry Pratchett, the Earth was born on this day in 4004 BC, within a quarter of an hour of 9 in the morning. This was supposedly because God liked to get things over with early.
- R.C. saints - Saint Ursula and her 11 (or 11000) virgins; Saint Hilarion
- Trafalgar Day ? celebrated throughout much of the British Empire in the 19th and early 20th Century.
- Also see October 21 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- International Day of the Nacho ? celebrated in the United States and Mexico since the early 1990s.
- Diwali in India (2006)
- Andrey Grechin: Russian swimmer.
- Sam McTrusty: Rock Singer.
- Justin De Fratus: American baseball player.
- Ying-Chin Ho: Taiwan government official, dies at age 88.
- 7th Belgium government of Martens forms
- Nobel prize for economy awarded to Robert M Solow
- The Dow Jones Industrial Average rises 10.15 percent.
- Jaffna hospital massacre is carried out by Indian Peace Keeping Force in Sri Lanka killing 70 ethnic Tamil patients, doctors and nurses.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1987 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Michael Jackson - Bad
- Glenn Jones - We've Only Just Begun (The Romance Is Not Over)
- Jody Watley - Don't You Want Me
- The O'Jays - Lovin' You
- Ray Parker Jr. - I Don't Think That Man Should Sleep Alone
- Deja - You And Me Tonight
- Angela Winbush - Angel
- Stephanie Mills - (You're Puttin') A Rush On Me
- Bert Robinson - Heart Of Gold
- Donna Summer - Dinner With Gershwin
Top #10 Latin songs
- Los Lobos - La Bamba
- Julio Iglesias - Que no se rompa la noche
- Ahora Te Puedes Marchar - Luis Miguel
- No Se Murio El Amor - Mijares
- Nelson Ned - Me Pase De La Cuenta
- No Te Quites La Ropa - Emmanuel
- Fiesta En America - Chayanne
- Wilkins - Margarita
- Beatriz Adriana - La luna sera la luna
- Los Bukis - Tu carcel
Top #4 songs in the UK
- You Win Again - The Bee Gees
- Pump Up The Volume / Anitina (The First Time I See She Dance) - MARRS
- Abigail Mead & Nigel Goulding - Full Metal Jacket (I Wanna Be Your Drill Instructor)
- Jan Hammer - Crockett's Theme
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?