Monday 22 April 1968
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Carlos Costa and Zarley Zalapski in Edmonton.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Honey by Bobby Goldsboro.
In UK What A Wonderful World / Cabaret by Louis Armstrong was in the top 5 hits.
War and Peace, directed by Sergey Bondarchuk, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Tower Of Babel by Morris West was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Les shadoks.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi or Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 April 1968!
Which were the important events of 22 April 1968 ?
- Saints Soter and Caius
- Saint Leonidas (died 202)
- Brazil - Discovery Day.
- Saint Theodorus (d. 613)
- Carlos Costa: Spain -- Tennis star.
- Zarley Zalapski in Edmonton: Alberta, Canada; NHL defenseman (Calgary Flames).
- Bimbo Coles: American basketball player: guard, Warriors.
- Amanda Mealing: TV Actress.
- Zarley Zalapski: Canadian-Swiss ice hockey player.
- Stephen H Sholes: American recording executive (Born 1911).
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Goldsboro - Honey
- The Box Tops - Cry Like A Baby
- Union Gap - Young Girl
- The Beatles - Lady Madonna
- Aretha Franklin - (Sweet Sweet Baby) Since You've Been Gone
- James Brown - I Got The Feelin'
- Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
- Sly and the Family Stone - Dance To The Music
- Archie Bell & The Drells - Tighten Up
- Georgie Fame - The Ballad Of Bonnie And Clyde
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?