Monday 29 April 1968
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Browning Nagle NFL quarterback (New York Jets and Carnie Wilson in Los Angeles.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Honey by Bobby Goldsboro.
In UK What A Wonderful World / Cabaret by Louis Armstrong was in the top 5 hits.
The Odd Couple, directed by Gene Saks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while The Tower Of Babel by Morris West was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Anker auf und Leinen los!.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi or Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 April 1968!
Which were the important events of 29 April 1968 ?
- Saint Robert Blessed Robrecht Gruuthuuse (d.1157)
- Saint Hugh of Cluny
- International Dance Day.
- Japan (public holiday since 1927, traditionally the start of the Golden Week holiday period.) The Emperor's Birthday (1927-1988. Holiday of Emperor Hirohito's birthday until his death in 1989).
- Greenery Day (1989-2006).
- Sh?wa Day (2007 - Day of Showa period, which is reigned by Emperor Hirohito)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Floralia in honor of Flora.
- Bah�'f Faith - The ninth day of the Festival of Ridv�n.
- Saint Catherine of Siena
- Saint Wilfred the Younger
- Saint Peter of Verona
- Browning Nagle NFL quarterback (New York Jets: Atlanta Falcons).
- Carnie Wilson in Los Angeles: California, USA; rock vocalist (Wilson Phillips - "Hold On").
- Dave Seaman: British dance music DJ and record producer.
- Carnie Wilson: American noted family, the daughter of Brian Wilson and his wife Marilyn.
- Kolinda Grabar-Kitarović: President of Croatia (2015-).
- Hair opens at Biltmore Theater NYC for 1750 performances
- The controversial musical Hair opens on Broadway.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 29 April 1968
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Goldsboro - Honey
- The Box Tops - Cry Like A Baby
- Union Gap - Young Girl
- The Beatles - Lady Madonna
- Archie Bell & The Drells - Tighten Up
- James Brown - I Got The Feelin'
- The Intruders - Cowboys To Girls
- Hugo Montenegro - The Good, The Bad And The Ugly
- The Rascals - A Beautiful Morning
- The Irish Rovers - The Unicorn
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?