Friday 26 April 1968
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ahmed Elmaghraby in Suez and Stéphane Pompougnac.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Honey by Bobby Goldsboro.
In UK What A Wonderful World / Cabaret by Louis Armstrong was in the top 5 hits.
The Odd Couple, directed by Gene Saks, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1968
while Between Parent And Child by Haim G. Ginott was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Anker auf und Leinen los!.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Hamurabi or Hamurabi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 April 1968!
Which were the important events of 26 April 1968 ?
- World Intellectual Property Day (since 2001).
- Florida and Georgia, USA - Confederate Memorial Day.
- Shi'a Islam - Mawlid, Muhammad's birthday (2005).
- Tanzania - Union Day.
- Feast day of the following saint in the Orthodox Church: Stephen of Perm - also Old Permic Alphabet Day
- Trudpert (Irish monk martyred in Germany in 607).
- Lucidius (4th century)
- Saint Cletus (Pope Anacletus) and Marcellinus (Popes and martyrs)
- Paschasius (d. 865)
- Richarius or Riquier (d. 643)
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Alda (d. 1309)
- Ahmed Elmaghraby in Suez: Egypt; US field hockey forward (Olympics-1996).
- Stéphane Pompougnac: French international DJ and record producer, born to a psychotherapist and a dental surgeon.
- David Taboureau: Belgian kayaker in the Atlanta Olympics August 1996 who placed 19th in the two-man kayak 1000 m. race and 16th in the two-man kayak 500m.
- John Heartfield: German photographer and activist (d. 1968).
- US underground nuclear test, Boxcar, 1 megaton device
- Students seize administration building at Ohio State.
- US performs underground nuclear test of "Boxcar", a one megaton device, at Nevada Test Site.
- The nuclear weapon quotBoxcarquot is tested at the Nevada Test Site in the biggest detonation of Operation Crosstie.
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1968 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Bobby Goldsboro - Honey
- The Box Tops - Cry Like A Baby
- Union Gap - Young Girl
- The Beatles - Lady Madonna
- Aretha Franklin - (Sweet Sweet Baby) Since You've Been Gone
- James Brown - I Got The Feelin'
- Otis Redding - (Sittin' On) The Dock Of The Bay
- Sly and the Family Stone - Dance To The Music
- Archie Bell & The Drells - Tighten Up
- Georgie Fame - The Ballad Of Bonnie And Clyde
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?