Monday 22 August 2011
It was Monday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 22, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of August people in US were listening to Last Friday Night (T.G.I.F.) by Katy Perry.
Carnage, directed by Roman Polanski, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while The Ideal Man by Julie Garwood was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Dark Matters: Twisted But True.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Brawl Busters or Dark Souls.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 August 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 August 2011!
Which were the important events of 22 August 2011 ?
- RC feasts - Mary queen of angels
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 22 August
- 2011 Libyan civil war, 2011 Battle of Tripoli:
- Mustafa Abdul Jalil, Chairman of the National Transitional Council, announces that Muammar Gaddafi's regime has collapsed. (TABNAK)
- The chief prosecutor of the International Criminal Court in The Hague call for Saif al-Islam to stand trial for his role in the civil war. (TABNAK)
- In an audio message, Gaddafi urges the people of Tripoli to ampquotpurge the capitalampquot even as fighters sweep through the city and take control of the symbolic Green Square, which is subsequently renamed Martyrs' Square. (TABNAK)
- Large anti-Gaddafi protests take place, with some coming under fire from snipers perched on rooftops. (Yahoo! News)
- France announces plans to host a summit on Libya as early as next week. (Reuters)
- South Africa is reported to be involved in negotiations with Muammar Gaddafi's camp to offer him a place of refuge, though the government denies reports a plane has been sent for him. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- Iran's Foreign Ministry calls for the release of Musa al-Sadr, who they claim has been held in Libya since 1978. (IRNA)
- Palestinian militants on the Gaza Strip fire rockets and mortars into Israel despite a truce. (Reuters)
- Pakistan announces it will send more troops to Bahrain in support of the King of Bahrain Hamad bin Isa Al Khalifa. (''The Nation'')
- The Australian Army reports that another Australian soldier has been killed by an improvised explosive device lost in fighting in Afghanistan. (''The Australian'')
- The UN says 600 people have been killed in clashes in South Sudan. (New York Times}
- Jerry Leiber, the American lyricist of the Leiber and Stoller duo that wrote many of the most popular songs in the early years of rock and roll, dies at the age of 78 in Los Angeles. (''New York Times'')
- Nick Ashford, American RB singer-songwriter and one half of the husband-and-wife songwriting duo Ashford Simpson, dies from throat cancer aged 69. (''The Telegraph'')
- Australia's BlueScope Steel announces the loss of a thousand jobs with 800 jobs lost in Port Kembla and 200 jobs in Western Port. (AAP via ''Sydney Morning Herald)
- The price of crude oil falls on world markets due to the downfall of Muammar Gaddafi and bleak global economic outlook. (Reuters)
- Hurricane Irene:
- Twenty people including British billionaire Richard Branson and actress Kate Winslet have to be rescued after Hurricane Irene destroys Branson's mansion on Necker Island in the Caribbean Sea. (''Winnipeg Free Press'')
- Hurricane Irene reaches hurricane strength over Puerto Rico, becoming the first of the 2011 Atlantic hurricane season. (Reuters)
- Prosecutors in New York City ask for charges against former International Monetary Fund head Dominique Strauss-Kahn to be dropped. (ABC Online)
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 22 August 2011
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- St Pauli - Duisburg : 2 - 1
Division 2Football (France)
- Nantes - Guingamp : 4 - 0
Premier LeagueUK Soccer
- Man United - Tottenham : 3 - 0
Liga IFootball (Portugal)
- Olhanense - Setubal : 2 - 2
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- I'm On One - DJ Khaled Featuring Drake, Rick Ross & Lil Wayne
- Sure Thing - Miguel
- Motivation - Kelly Rowland Featuring Lil Wayne
- How To Love - Lil Wayne
- Quickie - Miguel
- Nicki Minaj - Super Bass
- Otis - Jay Z Kanye West Featuring Otis Redding
- Beyonce - Best Thing I Never Had
- My Last - Big Sean Featuring Chris Brown
- She Ain't You - Chris Brown
Top #10 Latin songs
- Amor Clandestino - Mana
- Taboo - Don Omar
- Give Me Everything - Pitbull Featuring Ne-Yo, Afrojack & Nayer
- Di Que Regresaras - La Original Banda el Limon de Salvador Lizarraga
- You - Romeo Santos
- Te Amo y Te Amo - La Adictiva Banda San Jose de Mesillas
- Olvidame - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Ven A Bailar - Jennifer Lopez Featuring Pitbull
- Donde Estas Presumida - Chuy Lizarraga y Su Banda Tierra Sinaloense
- Prometi - Intocable
Top #10 Rock songs
- The Adventures Of Rain Dance Maggie - Red Hot Chili Peppers
- Walk - Foo Fighters
- Foster The People - Pumped Up Kicks
- Country Song - Seether
- So Far Away - Avenged Sevenfold
- Coldplay - Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall
- Rope - Foo Fighters
- Lowlife - Theory Of A Deadman
- Not Again - Staind
- Up All Night - Blink-182
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Far from Tea Party country, South Florida has become a magnet for conservative media personalities. [..]
Attorney General Eric T. Schneiderman of New York is under pressure from the Obama administration to drop opposition to a state settlement with banks over foreclosure practices. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $37.92
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $87.33
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $69.02
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $24.16
- 1 CHF = 8.096 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.4627 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.7974 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.657 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?