Friday 22 February 2008
It was Friday, under the sign of Pisces. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Anthony Twins .
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Low by Flo Rida.
In UK Now You're Gone by Basshunter featuring DJ Mental Theo's Bazzheadz was in the top 5 hits.
Step Up 2: The Streets, directed by Jon M. Chu, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Charm! by Kendall Hart was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Al Ijtiyah.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Buzz!: The Schools Quiz or Counter-Strike Online.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 February 2008!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 22 February 2008 ?
- Blessed Saint Isabel of France (+1270)
- United States - Washington's Birthday (traditionally).
- Ash Wednesday in 2023.
- Saint Lucia - independence (1979).
- The Scouting movement celebrates this day as "B.-P. day" or "Founder's Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- The World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts celebrates this day as "Thinking Day" as it is the shared birthday of the Scouts' founder Sir Robert Baden-Powell, and his wife, Lady Olave Baden-Powell, the World Chief Guide.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of the Chair of Saint Peter.
- Anthony Twins: American twins born to noted parents, performers Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony.
- Russian President Vladimir Putin describes the recognition of Kosovo's unilaterally declared independence by several major world powers as ampquota terrible precedent,ampquot ... that ampquotbreaks up the entire system of international relations,ampquot ... which has taken ampquotcenturies to evolve.ampquot ampquotAnd undoubtedly, it may entail a whole chain of unpredictable consequences to other regions in the worldampquot and that will come back to hit the West ampquotin the face.ampquot
- The White House announces that U.S. Army National Guard Master Sergeant Woodrow W. Keeble will posthumously receive the Medal of Honor for his service in the Korean War, becoming the first Sioux to receive the award. (U.S. Army)
- The Swedish Academy, the body that awards the Nobel Prize in Literature, names the professor of literature Anders Olsson as one of its members to succeed poet and writer Lars Forssell, who died in July 2007. (Dagens Nyheter)
- Turkey sends between three thousand and ten thousand troops into northern Iraq. (Reuters)
- The Northern Rock bank is formally nationalized by the British government. (BBC News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 22 February 2008
Jupiler LeagueFootball (Belgium)
- Genk - St Truiden : 0 - 1
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Bochum - Hannover : 2 - 1
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- FC Koln - Munich 1860 : 0 - 0
- Hoffenheim - Freiburg : 2 - 0
- Mainz - CZ Jena : 2 - 2
Division 2Football (France)
- Amiens - Ajaccio : 4 - 0
- Angers - Niort : 1 - 1
- Bastia - Libourne : 2 - 1
- Brest - Grenoble : 1 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?