Friday February 01, 2008
US date format: 2/1/2008, UK date format: 1/2/2008
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius (see birth chart on February 1, 2008). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Gordon Brown (Labour), Pope Benedict XVI was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Low by Flo Rida.
In UK Now You're Gone by Basshunter featuring DJ Mental Theo's Bazzheadz was in the top 5 hits.
The Chaser, directed by Hong-jin Na, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while An Inconvenient Book by Glenn Beck and Kevin Balfe was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Monster House.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Call of Duty: World at War or Crash Commando.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of February 01, 2008?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- See more
- A small plane crashes at Mount Airy, North Carolina resulting in the death of six passengers. (WSLS)
- Iraq War: At least 43 people are killed and 85 injured as a result of two bombings in markets in central Baghdad. (News Limited)
- RORO ferry MS ''Riverdance'' runs aground in Blackpool, England after its cargo shifts in heavy seas. All passengers and crew are airlifted to safety. (''Blackpool Gazette'')
- A third fiber-optic submarine communications cable, FALCON, is cut two days after SEA-ME-WE 4 and FLAG were damaged. (BBC News)
- Beto Carrero: Brazilian theme park owner and...
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 01, 2008?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
- Basshunter featuring DJ Mental Theo's Bazzheadz - Now You're Gone
- Leon Jackson - When You Believe
- Soulja Boy Tellem - Crank That (Soulja Boy)
- Nickelback - Rockstar
- Leona Lewis - Bleeding Love
Top #10 R&B songs
- Alicia Keys - Like You'll Never See Me Again
- J. Holiday - Suffocate
- Keyshia Cole - I Remember
- Mary J. Blige - Just Fine
- Snoop Dogg - Sensual Seduction
- Trey Songz - Can't Help But Wait
- Webbie Featuring Lil' Phat & Lil' Boosie - Independent
- Alicia Keys - No One
- Chris Brown - With You
- Flo Rida Featuring T-Pain - Low
Sport Games on February 01, 2008
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Hansa Rostock - Bayern Munich : 1 - 2
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- FC Koln - St Pauli : 1 - 1
- M'gladbach - Kaiserslautern : 1 - 1
- Wehen - Hoffenheim : 0 - 2
Division 2Football (France)
- Le Havre - Clermont : 1 - 0
- NAC Breda - Twente : 1 - 0
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
What news were making the headlines those days in February 2008?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- China Tries to Reassure U.S. About Its Investing Plans Seeking to reassure those nervous about foreign takeovers, the head of China’s government investment fund said Thursday that China would invest mostly in portfolios. [..]
- Electronic Arts Posts Loss, Citing a Revamp The video game maker largely met Wall Street’s forecasts, despite posting a quarterly loss because of reorganization charges and deferred revenue. [..]
- See all financial news of February 01, 2008
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $87.70
- Apple AAPL: opens at $136.24
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $31.06
- General Electric GE: opens at $35.41
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $107.21
- 1 USD = 106.42 JPY
- 1 USD = 0.9934 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.0886 CHF
- 1 USD = 7.1815 CNY
- 1 EUR = 157.74 JPY