Friday 1 February 2008
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Low by Flo Rida.
In UK Now You're Gone by Basshunter featuring DJ Mental Theo's Bazzheadz was in the top 5 hits.
Rambo, directed by Sylvester Stallone, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while The Shooters by W. E. B. Griffin was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Escape to Chimp Eden.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Back at the Barnyard: Slop Bucket Games or Bananagrams.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 February 2008!
Which were the important events of 1 February 2008 ?
- St. Brigid of Kildare - one of the three patron saints of Ireland, the others being St. Patrick and St. Columcille.
- In Roald Dahl's Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, the fictional character Willy Wonka gives an unprecedented tour of his chocolate factory on February 1 (year unspecified).
- Blessed Reginald of Sint-Gillis
- The start of LGBT History Month in the United Kingdom.
- The start of Black History Month in the United States.
- Imbolc - the first day of Spring in Ireland (Irish Calendar), one of the eight solar holidays in the Wheel of the Year.
- St. Veridiana
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 01 February
- Beto Carrero: Brazilian theme park owner and entertainer (Born 1937).
- A small plane crashes at Mount Airy, North Carolina resulting in the death of six passengers. (WSLS)
- Iraq War: At least 43 people are killed and 85 injured as a result of two bombings in markets in central Baghdad. (News Limited)
- RORO ferry MS ''Riverdance'' runs aground in Blackpool, England after its cargo shifts in heavy seas. All passengers and crew are airlifted to safety. (''Blackpool Gazette'')
- A third fiber-optic submarine communications cable, FALCON, is cut two days after SEA-ME-WE 4 and FLAG were damaged. (BBC News)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 1 February 2008
Bundesliga 1Football (Germany)
- Hansa Rostock - Bayern Munich : 1 - 2
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- FC Koln - St Pauli : 1 - 1
- M'gladbach - Kaiserslautern : 1 - 1
- Wehen - Hoffenheim : 0 - 2
Division 2Football (France)
- Le Havre - Clermont : 1 - 0
- NAC Breda - Twente : 1 - 0
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?