Thursday 14 February 2008, Valentine's Day
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to Low by Flo Rida.
In UK Now You're Gone by Basshunter featuring DJ Mental Theo's Bazzheadz was in the top 5 hits.
Step Up 2: The Streets, directed by Jon M. Chu, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2008
while Beverly Hills Dead by Stuart Woods was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Talking Metal.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Corpse Craft: Incident at Weardd Academy or Cradle of Rome.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 14 February 2008!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 14 February 2008 ?
- Denmark - Fastelavn. Children dress up, much like Halloween in the US.
- Arizona - Admission Day (1912).
- Mexico - Day of National Mourning (1831).
- Oregon - Admission Day (1859).
- Western World - Valentine's Day.
- Iraq - 'Communist Martyrs Day' celebrated by Iraqi Communist Party.
- Europe/Catholicism - Feast day of Saints Cyril and Methodius, patron saints of Europe.
- Saint Abraham (d. 422)
- Saint Valentine (d. 422).
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 14 February
- At Northern Illinois University, former student Stephen Kazmierczak fires over 50 shots, killing five students and himself, injuring 16 others.
- Northern Illinois University shooting: a gunman opened fire in a lecture hall of the DeKalb County, Illinois university resulting in 6 fatalities (including gunman) and 18 injuries.
- Former Kosovo Prime Minister Bajram Rexhepi says the province will unilaterally declare independence within the next 4 days. (Sofia Echo)
- Police in Kosovska Mitrovica report an explosion. (AFP via Google News)
- The United States House of Representatives approves contempt of Congress citations against Harriet Miers and Joshua Bolten in the U.S. Attorneys controversy. (''The Washington Post'')
- A gunman opens fire at a lecture hall at Northern Illinois University, injuring as many as 18 students and with at least six people dead including the gunman. (CNN)
- President Vladimir Putin says Russia would target its missiles at Ukraine if it threatened Russia's national security. (Interfax)
- The United States Navy will use an SM-3 missile to destroy USA 193, a broken National Reconnaissance Office spy satellite which contains unused hydrazine fuel. (AP via Google)
- Kiribati now has the largest protected marine reserve in the world. (Reuters)
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 2008 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 14 February 2008
ConferenceFootball (United Kingdom)
- Crawley Town - Ebbsfleet : 1 - 2
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?