Tuesday 22 July 1958
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sandra Elizabeth Greenberg and Daniel Arizmendi.
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Yakety Yak by The Coasters.
In UK All I Have To Do Is Dream / Claudette by The Everly Brothers was in the top 5 hits.
The Fly, directed by Kurt Neumann, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1958
while Anatomy Of A Murder by Robert Traver was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Frontier Justice.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 July 1958!
Which were the important events of 22 July 1958 ?
- Swaziland - Birthday of former King Sobhuza II
- Pi Approximation Day
- St. Vandrille/Wandre Gisilus
- St. Mineve
- St. Joseph of Palestine (Count Joseph)
- St. Dabius/Davius
- Catholic - the feasts of at least 7 saints: St. Mary Magdalene
- Ratcatcher's Day. See:The Pied Piper of Hamelin.
- Sandra Elizabeth Greenberg: Spokane, Washington -- Playmate (June, 1987).
- Daniel Arizmendi: Mexican head of a kidnapping gang who amassed a fortune of millions of dollars in ransom.
- Tatsunori Hara: Japanese baseball player and coach.
- David Von Erich: American professional wrestler (d. 1984).
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1958 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Coasters - Yakety Yak
- Elvis Presley - Hard Headed Woman
- Sheb Wooley - The Purple People Eater
- Bobby Darin - Splish Splash
- Ricky Nelson - Poor Little Fool
- Perez Prado and His Orchestra - Patricia
- Duane Eddy - Rebel-'Rouser
- Kalin Twins - When
- Jody Reynolds - Endless Sleep
- Jimmie Rodgers - Secretly
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?