Thursday 22 March 1956
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aries (see planets position on March 22, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Maria Teresa Grand Duchess of Luxembourg and Christian Charmetant.
In UK It's Almost Tomorrow by The Dreamweavers was in the top 5 hits.
Patterns, directed by Fielder Cook, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while The Quiet American by Graham Greene was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Heidi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 March 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 March 1956!
Which were the important events of 22 March 1956 ?
- Blessed Genta of Maaseik
- The fourth day of Quinquatria in ancient Rome, held in honor of Minerva.
- World Water Day.
- Easter Sunday - 1818, 2285. In the Gregorian Calendar 22 March is the earliest date on which Easter Sunday can fall (25th April is the latest).
- Saint Octavian
- Saint Lea of Rome
- Saint Reinhilde of Ghent
- Maria Teresa Grand Duchess of Luxembourg
- Christian Charmetant
- Lyndsay Stephen in Donnybrook: Western Australia; Australasia golfer.
- Generosa Ammon: American wife of Daniel Pelosi (d. 2003).
- George A L Sarton: Belgian/US historian, dies at age 71.
- Mr Wonderful opens at Broadway Theater NYC for 383 performances
- Musical Mr Wonderful with Sammy Davis Jr premieres in New York City
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of March 1956 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?