Monday September 22, 2003
US date format: 9/22/2003, UK date format: 22/9/2003
It was Monday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 22, 2003). The US president was George W. Bush (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Tony Blair (Labour), Pope St John Paul II was leading the Catholic Church.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Shake Ya Tailfeather by Nelly.
In UK Where Is The Love? by The Black Eyed Peas was in the top 5 hits.
Tarzan, directed by Chris Buck, Kevin Lima, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Peep Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Colin McRae Rally 04 or Disney's Hide and Sneak.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of September 22, 2003?
- Saint Emmeramus
- Saint Florentius
- In ancient Latvia, the first day of Mikeli, the Catching of Jumis.
- In ancient Greece, the ninth and final day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates made offerings to the dead.
- See more
- David Hempleman-Adams becomes the first person to cross the Atlantic Ocean in an open-air, wicker-basket hot air balloon.
- A suicide attacker detonates a car bomb near United Nations headquarters in Baghdad, killing himself and an Iraqi guard and injuring at least 11 others. The attack came a month after a massive truck bomb devastated the complex and as the UN considers expanding its role in Iraq. UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan states that personnel are assessing the situation following the attack.
- 90% of the delegates elected to the November 15 convention of the Liberal Party of Canada support Paul Martin, thereby assuring that he will win the leadership of the party and thereby become Prime Minister of Canada after Jean Chrétien retires in February 2004.
- The journal'' Science'' publishes an article on a jawbone of an early modern human found in 2002 near the entrance of the Peştera cu Oase (cave with bones) in the southwestern Carpathian Mountains in Romania. Radiocarbon dating places its age at between 34,000 and 36,000 years, making it the oldest fossil from an early modern human. The jawbone suggests interbreeding between modern humans and Neanderthals.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 22, 2003?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #9 songs in the USA
Top #5 songs in the UK
Top #10 R&B songs
- Beyonce Featuring Sean Paul - Baby Boy
- Pharrell Featuring Jay-Z - Frontin'
- Lil Jon & The East Side Boyz Featuring Ying Yang Twins - Get Low
- Nelly, P. Diddy & Murphy Lee - Shake Ya Tailfeather
- Chingy - Right Thurr
- YoungBloodZ Featuring Lil Jon - Damn!
- Fabolous Featuring Tamia Or Ashanti - Into You
- R. Kelly - Thoia Thoing
- 50 Cent - P.I.M.P.
- Ludacris Featuring Shawnna - Stand Up
Top #1 Latin songs
- Obie Bermudez - Antes
Sport Games on September 22, 2003
Bundesliga 2Football (Germany)
- Nurnberg - Greuther Furth : 1 - 1
Liga IFootball (Portugal)
- Belenenses - Guimaraes : 2 - 0
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks?
Unlimited books on any devices, try your first month free
What videogames would you be playing back in the days?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- ExxonMobil XOM: opens at $36.65
- Apple AAPL: opens at $22.18
- Microsoft MSFT: opens at $29.39
- General Electric GE: opens at $31.60
- International Business Machines IBM: opens at $92.24
- 1 USD = 112.04 JPY
- 1 USD = 1.3432 CAD
- 1 USD = 1.3514 CHF
- 1 EUR = 128.67 JPY
- 1 EUR = 0.6959 GBP