Tuesday 16 September 2003
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Virgo. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Aidan Hamilton .
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Shake Ya Tailfeather by Nelly.
In UK Where Is The Love? by The Black Eyed Peas was in the top 5 hits.
The Rundown, directed by Peter Berg, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while Under The Banner Of Heaven by Jon Krakauer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Peep Show.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Cabela's Dangerous Hunts or Casino, Inc..
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 September 2003!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 16 September 2003 ?
- Mexico - Independence Day (from Spain; proclaimed 1810, recognised 1821, instituted 1825; See Fiestas Patrias)
- Also see September 16 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- RC Saints - Saint Cyprian, Pope Cornelius, Saint Ludmila
- In ancient Greece, the third day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, when the initiates walked to the sea at Phaleron and purified themselves in the water.
- Papua New Guinea - Independence Day (from Australia, 1975)
- Aidan Hamilton: American child of noted dad, champion figure skater Scott Hamilton, who was treated for testicular cancer several years prior to his son's birth.
- WNBA Finals: The Detroit Shock defeat the Los Angeles Sparks, 83–78 in Game three, to win the series two games to one, and the WNBA's world championship.
- Swedish police arrest Per-Olof Svensson in connection with the assassination of Anna Lindh.
- Same-sex marriage in Canada: A House of Commons motion brought by the Canadian Alliance reiterating the heterosexual definition of marriage is narrowly defeated. This motion is preparatory to the government's introduction of a bill to extend the Federal marriage law to include same-sex couples, expected within the next few months.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 16 September 2003
Division 1Football (United Kingdom)
- Burnley - Nott'm Forest : 0 - 3
- Crewe - West Ham : 0 - 3
- Crystal Palace - Bradford : 0 - 1
- Gillingham - Norwich : 1 - 2
Division 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Barnsley - Oldham : 1 - 1
- Bournemouth - Sheffield Weds : 1 - 0
- Brentford - Blackpool : 0 - 0
- Brighton - Chesterfield : 1 - 0
Division 3Football (United Kingdom)
- Cheltenham - Oxford : 0 - 0
- Doncaster - Yeovil : 0 - 1
- Kidderminster - Scunthorpe : 0 - 2
- Leyton Orient - Hull : 1 - 1
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?