Thursday 25 September 2003
It was Thursday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Roy Read .
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Shake Ya Tailfeather by Nelly.
In UK Where Is The Love? by The Black Eyed Peas was in the top 5 hits.
The School of Rock, directed by Richard Linklater, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while Treason by Ann Coulter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Potter Puppet Pals.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Disgaea: Hour of Darkness or Drag Racer.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 September 2003!
Which were the important events of 25 September 2003 ?
- Also see September 25 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- R.C. Saints - Virgin of Fuencisla; Saint Finbarr
- Mozambique - Armed Forces Day
- French Republican Calendar - Colchique (Crocus) Day, fourth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Roy Read: Australian noted family member, second son of celebrity criminal, Mark "Chopper" Read.
- Terrorism: FBI probes Hamas-linked 'criminal enterprises' associated with the radical Islamic group Hamas that has taken responsibility for a string of bombings in Israel. Hamas also declares the organization would not participate with other Palestinian groups in a proposed cease-fire nor join the next Palestinian government. Sheik Ahmed Yassin states ampquotthe enemy is continuing his aggression, killing, and settlement activities.ampquot
- Shariah: An Islamic appeals court in northern Nigeria has acquitted single mother Amina Lawal. A Shariah court had sentenced her to death by stoning for adultery, but a five-judge panel rejected her March 2002 conviction under Shariah saying she was not given ampquotample opportunity to defend herselfampquot.
- Business: Kodak has said that it will no longer make major investments in conventional photographic film.
- WMD: An early draft of an interim report by the inspectors for banned weapons in Iraq says his team has not found any of the unconventional weapons cited by President George W. Bush as a principal reason for going to war. CIA stresses report is not final and inspectors are still getting data.
- Natural disaster: An earthquake of magnitude 8.0 struck near the island of Hokkaidō in Japan at 19:50:07 (UTC). A tsunami was generated off the coast of Hokkaidō as a result of the quake and tsunami warnings have been issued for most of the Pacific Rim, including Japan, Russia's eastern coast, Alaska, and Hawaii.
- Technology: Electronic paper reaches video speed. Paper capable of playing videos has been invented at the Philips Research laboratory in Eindhoven, the Netherlands. The ink can be rearranged electronically fast enough to show video movies.
- Science – Space: Europe gets set for Moon mission. Rocket operators clear the Smart 1 probe to begin its lunar adventure on an Ariane 5 rocket from the Kourou spaceport in French Guiana. Smart 1 will test a novel type of propulsion system on its mission and map lunar surface features.
- Occupation of Iraq: Nine rebels in north Iraq are killed. Coalition troops kill nine guerrillas, the biggest toll for more than a month, in scattered action over northern Iraq in the past 24 hours. Major Josslyn Aberle states ampquotThe enemy are becoming more desperate as we pursue them.ampquot
- The U.S. District Court in Denver rules that the National Do Not Call Registry would violate the First Amendment since it contains exceptions for certain unsolicited calls. Thus, the Federal Trade Commission is currently prohibited from implementing the registry.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 2003 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?