Wednesday 23 April 2003
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus. The US president was George W. Bush (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Aidan Fiske and Sofia Valastro.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to In Da Club by 50 Cent.
In UK Make Luv by Room 5 featuring Oliver Cheatham was in the top 5 hits.
Justice, directed by Evan Oppenheimer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2003
while The Guardian by Nicholas Sparks was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Astro Boy.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Command & Conquer: Generals – Zero Hour or Corvette.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 April 2003
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 April 2003!
Which were the important events of 23 April 2003 ?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- Independence Day for the Conch Republic
- National Beer Day in Germany
- Feast Day of Saint George: Patron saint and National Day of England
- Patron saint of the Spanish region of Arag=n
- Celebrated as St. Jordi's Day in Catalonia, presents of books and roses. See above.
- Catalonia - Lover's Day. Men receive a book as a gift from their romantic interest, while women receive roses. The book is in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Saint Adalbert of Prague
- Jurgi festival, in ancient Latvia
Famous Birthdays:23 April
- James H Critchfield: American Central Intelligence agent (Born 1917).
- US President George W. Bush signs legislation authorizing changes to the design of the 5-cent coin through 2005, to commemorate the bicentennial of the Louisiana Purchase and the Lewis and Clark expedition.
- A U.S. commanding officer in Baghdad announces that five U.S. soldiers are under investigation for the theft of hundreds of thousands of dollars from caches of money found in Iraq.
- The British and Irish governments publicly ask three questions of the IRA. Depending on clarification offered, the Northern Ireland Executive may be reinstated or the Assembly elections postponed.
Search For Your Ancestors
Sport Games on 23 April 2003
Division 2Football (United Kingdom)
- Swindon - Plymouth : 2 - 0
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 2003 ?
Top #9 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Sean Paul - Get Busy
- 21 Questions - 50 Cent Featuring Nate Dogg
- Beautiful - Snoop Dogg Featuring Pharrell & Uncle Charlie Wilson
- I Know What You Want - Busta Rhymes & Mariah Carey Featuring The Flipmode Squad
- 50 Cent - In Da Club
- Can't Let You Go - Fabolous Featuring Mike Shorey & Lil' Mo
- JAY-Z - Excuse Me Miss
- Tyrese - How You Gonna Act Like That
- Nas - I Can
- R. Kelly - Ignition
Top #10 Latin songs
- Tal Vez - Ricky Martin
- Amame - Alexandre Pires
- Una Vez Mas - Conjunto Primavera
- Alucinado - Tiziano Ferro
- De Uno Y De Todos Los Modos - Palomo
- No Tengo Dinero - A.B. Quintanilla III & Kumbia Kings Feat. Juan Gabriel & El Gran Silencio
- Mi Soldado - Los Tigres del Norte
- Dame - Ricardo Arjona
- Clavame Tu Amor - Noelia
- Que Me Quedes Tu - Shakira
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?