Wednesday April 23, 1986
This day in 30 sec.
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on April 23, 1986). The US president was Ronald Reagan (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Jessica Stam and Sven Kramer.
In that special week of April people in US were listening to Kiss by Prince.
In UK A Different Corner by George Michael was in the top 5 hits.
The Sacrifice, directed by Andrei Tarkovsky, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1986
while Necessary Losses by Judith Viorst was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Rambo.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Dynamite Dan II or Hottāman no Chitei Tanken.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 April 1986
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 April 1986!
Which were the important events of 23 April 1986 ?
- Saint Gerard (d.1138)
- UNESCO International Day of the Book in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Turkey - National Sovereignty and Children's Day (1920)
- Israel - Yom Ha'atzma'ut (Israeli Independence Day) for 2007: (the observed date of this national holiday is determined by the Jewish Calendar).
- Independence Day for the Conch Republic
- National Beer Day in Germany
- Feast Day of Saint George: Patron saint and National Day of England
- Patron saint of the Spanish region of Arag=n
- Celebrated as St. Jordi's Day in Catalonia, presents of books and roses. See above.
- Catalonia - Lover's Day. Men receive a book as a gift from their romantic interest, while women receive roses. The book is in honor of Shakespeare's and Cervantes's death on April 23, 1616.
- Saint Adalbert of Prague
- Jurgi festival, in ancient Latvia
- Jessica Stam: Canadian model and actress.
- Sven Kramer: Dutch speed skater.
- Marshawn Lynch: Athlete.
- Amber Heard: Actress.
- Alysia Montaño: American runner.
- Rafael Fernandes: Brazilian baseball player.
- Grand Floridian Beach Resort groundbreaking
- Madrid-Nelli Cooman runs world record 60 metre indoor (7 seconds).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of April 1986 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Prince And The Revolution - Kiss
- Nu Shooz - I Can't Wait
- Stephanie Mills - I Have Learned To Respect The Power Of Love
- The Jets - Crush On You
- Patti LaBelle & Michael McDonald - On My Own
- Falco - Rock Me Amadeus
- I'm Not Gonna Let (You Get The Best Of Me) - Colonel Abrams
- Ca$hflow - Party Freak
- The Gap Band - Going In Circles
- The S.O.S. Band - The Finest
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?