Wednesday 23 January 1957
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius (see planets position on January 23, 1957). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Caroline Princess of Hanover and Earl Falconer.
In UK Singing The Blues by Guy Mitchell was in the top 5 hits.
The Wings of Eagles, directed by John Ford, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1957
while This Hallowed Ground by Bruce Catton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Tomahawk.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 January 1957
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 January 1957!
Which were the important events of 23 January 1957 ?
- Pie Day
- The Saddest day of the year is January 23 according to a recent study completed by the Cardiff University in Cardiff, Wales (a part of the Russell Group of British universities). 
- Roman Catholic Church: Feast of Blessed Marianne of Molokai
- Caroline Princess of Hanover
- Earl Falconer
- Caroline Louise Marguerite Grimaldi: Monte Carlo, Monaco -- Princess.
- Caroline : Monaco royalty, the daughter and first child of Princess Grace and Prince Rainier of Monaco.
- Caroline of Monaco: Royalty.
- Lou Schuler: American journalist and author.
- Willie Edwards: American murder victim (d. 1957).
- Ku Klux Klan members force truck driver Willie Edwards to jump off a bridge into the Alabama River he drowns as a result.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1957 ?
Top #7 songs in the USA
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?