Friday 24 July 2009
It was Friday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas.
Julie & Julia, directed by Nora Ephron, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Burn by Linda Howard was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching SMBC Theater.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing 7th Dragon or Creeper World.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 July 2009!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 24 July 2009 ?
- Utah - Pioneer Day (1847)
- St. Ruffin
- St. Wulfhad
- St. David
- St. Romanus, 2nd bishop of Rochester.
- St. Lewine
- St. Kinga/Cunegundes
- St. Francis Solano
- St. Saint Christina the Astonishing
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 9 saints: St. Lupus
- Ancient Latvia - Jekaupa Diena held
- Astrology: First day of sun sign Leo
- Vanuatu - Children's Day
- Ecuador - Sim=n Bolfvar Day
- Venezuela - the Libertador (Sim=n Bolfvar Day)
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 24 July
- E Lynn Harris: American author (Born 1955).
- The US Senate confirms Rosa Gumataotao Rios to serve as 43rd US treasurer.
- China produces a Giant Panda using frozen sperm. (Xinhua)
- At least six people die as a Croatian high-speed train travelling from Zagreb to Split derails 30km from its destination. (AP via Google News)
- Chloe Smith wins the Norwich North by-election, the first British constituency by-election since the United Kingdom Parliamentary expenses scandal, and gains the Conservative Party a seat held by Labour for the past 12 years. (''The Guardian'')
- 20 people are killed in a bus crash near Rostov-on-Don, Russia. (BBC)
- Wildfires in the north east of Spain claim the lives of six firefighters in that region. (Sky News)
- The trial of Burmese National League for Democracy General Secretary Aung San Suu Kyi nears its end. (Al Jazeera)
- Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is urged to dismiss his choice of Vice President, Esfandiar Rahim Mashaei. (Press TV)
- Aria Air Flight 1525 crashes in Mashhad, Iran, killing at least 17 people and injuring 19 of the 153 people on board. (BBC)
- The Gran Telescopio Canarias, the world's largest reflecting telescope, is inaugurated by King Juan Carlos I of Spain. (''The New York Times'')
- Afghan President Hamid Karzai, setting out his election manifesto, vows to make foreign troops sign a framework governing how they operate in a bid to limit civilians casualties. (Reuters)
- Canada's national rail service, Via Rail, cancels train service due to a strike by its engineer workers. (CTV)
- FBI and IRS agents arrests 44 people, including five rabbis, two New Jersey state legislators, and three mayors in Operation Bid Rig. (The New York Times)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling
- Best I Ever Had - Drake
- The Black Eyed Peas - Boom Boom Pow
- Keri Hilson - Knock You Down
- Sean Kingston - Fire Burning
- Taylor Swift - You Belong With Me
- Lady GaGa - LoveGame
- Pitbull - I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)
- Birthday Sex - Jeremih
- He Could Be The One - Hannah Montana
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?