Friday 10 July 2009
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 10, 2009). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas.
Orphan, directed by Jaume Collet-Serra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Knockout by Catherine Coulter was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Little White Lie.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Crayon Physics Deluxe or The Punisher: No Mercy.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 July 2009
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 July 2009!
Which were the important events of 10 July 2009 ?
- Mauritania - Armed Forces Day
- Bahamas - Independence Day
- Silence Day - celebrated by followers of Meher Baba
- Ancient Latvia - Septinu Bralu Diena observed
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 10 July
- General Motors emerges from bankruptcy protection after 40 days, with 60 percent ownership in the hands of the U.S. government.
- July 2009 Ürümqi riots
- Turkey's Prime Minister Erdogan strengthens his rhetoric: ampquotThese incidents in China are as if they are genocide. We ask the Chinese government not to remain a spectator to these incidents.ampquot (Reuters)
- A curfew is reimposed in Ürümqi, days after it was lifted. (BBC)
- The families of ampquotinnocent victimsampquot killed are to receive 200,000 yuan ($29,282) in compensation. (Xinhua)
- The trial of National League for Democracy General Secretary Aung San Suu Kyi resumes after a six week break. (''The Guardian'')
- More than 400,000 people are evacuated following an earthquake in Yunnan, China. (Xinhua)
- One person is killed by a bull, the first such fatality in 14 years, during the Running of the Bulls in Pamplona, Spain. (EITB)
- A senior Iranian cleric calls for changes to the election laws in the country to prevent further post-election unrest in the future. (''The Los Angeles Times'')
- Detained Nigerian leader for the Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta Henry Okah accepts an amnesty by government. (''Vanguard'')
- A Paris court convicts four men and a girl in the kidnapping, torture and murder of Ilan Halimi, sentencing the ringleader to life in prison. (AP via Yahoo)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Best I Ever Had - Drake
- Every Girl - Young Money
- Knock You Down - Keri Hilson Featuring Kanye West & Ne-Yo
- Ego - Beyonce
- Jeremih - Birthday Sex
- Pretty Wings - Maxwell
- Wetter (Calling You Daddy) - Twista Featuring Erika Shevon
- Trey Songz - I Need A Girl
- Last Chance - Ginuwine
- Always Strapped - Birdman Featuring Lil Wayne
Top #10 Latin songs
- Causa Y Efecto - Paulina Rubio
- Ya Es Muy Tarde - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- El Amor - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Espinoza Paz - Lo Intentamos
- El Katch - El Compa Chuy
- Aqui Estoy Yo - Luis Fonsi
- Abusadora - Wisin & Yandel
- Te Presumo - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Cristian Castro - El Culpable Soy Yo
- Pitbull - I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)
Top #10 Rock songs
- Linkin Park - New Divide
- Kings Of Leon - Use Somebody
- Shinedown - Sound Of Madness
- Green Day - Know Your Enemy
- Silversun Pickups - Panic Switch
- Cage The Elephant - Ain't No Rest For The Wicked
- Careless Whisper - Seether
- Green Day - 21 Guns
- Anberlin - Feel Good Drag
- Drowning (Face Down) - Saving Abel
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
G.M.’s new Camaro, a throwback to another era, is creating a buzz in otherwise quiet showrooms. [..]
Cerberus Capital Management is restructuring the fund amid a wave of requests from clients who want their money back. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $44.63
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $49.28
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $49.21
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $37.21
- 1 CHF = 6.2875 CNY
- 1 CAD = 5.8721 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9333 CHF
- 1 AUD = 5.325 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?