Thursday 2 July 2009
It was Thursday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 2, 2009). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to Boom Boom Pow by The Black Eyed Peas.
Dark Blue, directed by Ron Shelton, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The Physick Book Of Deliverance Dane by Katherine Howe was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Little White Lie.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing ColorZ or Company of Heroes Online.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 July 2009
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 2 July 2009!
Which were the important events of 2 July 2009 ?
- Feast Day of St. John Regis
- Originally, in the Roman Catholic Church, the Feast of the Visitation was celebrated on this day, although it has since been transferred to May 31
- Palio di Provenzano in Siena, Italy
- Canada Day. Under the Holidays Act, Canada Day is always observed on July 1 unless that date falls on a Sunday, in which case it is observed on July 2.
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 02 July
- American forces led by 4000 Marines begin a large offensive in southern Afghanistan against Taliban forces.
- California begins issuing billions of dollars in "IOUs" after failing to start the fiscal year with a balanced budget. With a US$26.3 billion deficit, Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger declares a fiscal emergency.
- Heavy thunderstorms in Dublin lead to widespread flooding and the closure of some of the city's major roads and rail lines, as well as some evacuations. (''The Irish Times'')
- A report by Amnesty International states that Israeli military activities and Palestinian militant rocket attacks during the Gaza War were war crimes. (BBC)
- The Honduran interim government defies international pressure to reverse the recent coup, saying there is no chance at all of ousted President Manuel Zelaya returning to office. (Reuters)
- A 148-year old colonial law banning homosexual intercourse in India is overturned by the High Court in New Delhi. (''The Times'')
- The South Korean Defence Ministry says North Korea has fired four missiles off its east coast. (Sky News)
- Japanese diplomat Yukiya Amano is elected Director General of the International Atomic Energy Agency. (AP via ''The Washington Post'')
- The first vaccine for H1N1 swine flu virus strain has been made by Novartis in Marburg, Germany. (BBC)
- A Royal Air Force plane crashes in a rural area of Argyll, United Kingdom. (''The Guardian'')
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in July 2009?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Best I Ever Had - Drake
- Knock You Down - Keri Hilson Featuring Kanye West & Ne-Yo
- Every Girl - Young Money
- Jeremih - Birthday Sex
- Ego - Beyonce
- Trey Songz - I Need A Girl
- Pretty Wings - Maxwell
- Blame It - Jamie Foxx Featuring T-Pain
- Wetter (Calling You Daddy) - Twista Featuring Erika Shevon
- Last Chance - Ginuwine
Top #10 Latin songs
- Causa Y Efecto - Paulina Rubio
- Ya Es Muy Tarde - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- El Amor - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- El Katch - El Compa Chuy
- Aqui Estoy Yo - Luis Fonsi
- Espinoza Paz - Lo Intentamos
- All Up 2 You - Aventura Featuring Akon & Wisin & Yandel
- Te Presumo - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Abusadora - Wisin & Yandel
- Fue Su Amor - Alacranes Musical
Top #10 Rock songs
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Taking time, 10 or 12 hours, to tackle ever-postponed money tasks and clear the books can be lucrative. [..]
Before the government steps in, a group of advertisers is announcing a set of stricter rules for the data collected on consumers when they surf the Web or shop online. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $46.51
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $52.13
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $51.70
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $38.26
- 1 CHF = 6.2741 CNY
- 1 CAD = 5.8717 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9355 CHF
- 1 AUD = 5.407 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?