Monday 6 July 2009
It was Monday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 6, 2009). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lily LaBrant .
In that special week of July people in US were listening to I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas.
Orphan, directed by Jaume Collet-Serra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while The Scarecrow by Michael Connelly was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Little White Lie.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Batman: Arkham Asylum or Birthday Party Bash.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 6 July 2009
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 6 July 2009!
Which were the important events of 6 July 2009 ?
- Comoros - Independence Day (1975).
- Feast day of St Maria Goretti.
- Lithuania - Statehood Day.
- Malawi - Independence Day (1964).
- Malawi - Republic Day (1966).
- Roman festivals: Ludi Apollinares, games in honour of Apollo (since 208 BC) began today.
- San Fermin a Spanish Catholic festival centered in Pamplona begins today.
- Music festival EXIT begins today in Serbian town of Novi Sad.
- Czech Republic - Jan Hus Day (1415).
- Robert McNamara: American business executive, world bank president and government official who served as the Secretary of Defense from 1961 to 1968 during the Bay of Pigs and the Vietnam War.
- Leo Mol: Ukrainian Canadian artist and sculptor (Born 1915).
- Johnny Collins: British folk and maritime music singer (Born 1938).
- 2009 Honduran coup d'état
- Honduran President Manuel Zelaya diverts his jet to Nicaragua after being barred from landing in Tegucigalpa as ground troops kill two in a battle against supporters with the country in turmoil. (''The Guardian'')
- United Nations Secretary General Ban Ki-moon urges the Organization of American States to restore constitutional order in Honduras following the coup. (AFP)
- Riots in China's Xinjiang region leave 156 dead and more than 800 injured. (Al Jazeera)
- South Africa's new ampquotHawksampquot serious crime squad begins work six months after its ampquotScorpionsampquot predecessor was disbanded amid claims of political bias. (BBC)
- Egyptians mourn the death of Marwa El-Sherbini, called the ampquothijab martyrampquot after she was killed in a German courtroom by a man convicted of insulting her religion. (BBC)
- Burundi and Rwanda join the East African Community Customs Union. (BBC)
- Iran frees another British embassy worker, leaving one local worker in jail. (Reuters)
- About 800 pages of the earliest surviving Christian Bible are displayed on the internet. (BBC)
- The Movement for the Emancipation of the Niger Delta says it has seized a chemical tanker with six crew and attacked a second oil facility. (''This Day'')
- Liberian President Ellen Johnson-Sirleaf's spokesman calls ampquotsurprisingampquot a call by the country's truth commission that she be barred from office. (BBC)
- Nigerian militants hold six crew members of an oil tanker, including its Russian captain. (BBC)
- United States President Barack Obama and Russian President Dmitry Medvedev agree on cutting their nuclear warheads and cooperate on military action in Afghanistan. (Reuters)
- A Government delegation including hostage negotiators, led by Ireland's Ambassador to Egypt Gerard Corr continue efforts in Khartoum to locate two Irish and Ugandan aid workers who were kidnapped in Sudan. (RTÉ)
- Bolivian drug enforcement officials raid what they call the biggest cocaine laboratory ever found in their country. (BBC)
- European Union foreign policy chief Javier Solana says he will not seek another term in office. (BBC)
- The center-right Citizens for European Development of Bulgaria party wins big in the Bulgarian parliamentary elections (BBC)
- Three gunmen open fire at a house in Miami, Florida, United States, killing one person and wounding eleven others. (''San Francisco Chronicle'')
- Iran says it will hold the US responsible for any Israeli attack against their country, in response to US Vice President Joe Biden's claim that the US will not interfere in an Israeli attack on Iranian nuclear facilities. (Al Jazeera)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
What news were making the headlines those days in July 2009?
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Best I Ever Had - Drake
- Every Girl - Young Money
- Knock You Down - Keri Hilson Featuring Kanye West & Ne-Yo
- Ego - Beyonce
- Jeremih - Birthday Sex
- Pretty Wings - Maxwell
- Wetter (Calling You Daddy) - Twista Featuring Erika Shevon
- Trey Songz - I Need A Girl
- Last Chance - Ginuwine
- Always Strapped - Birdman Featuring Lil Wayne
Top #10 Latin songs
- Causa Y Efecto - Paulina Rubio
- Ya Es Muy Tarde - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- El Amor - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Espinoza Paz - Lo Intentamos
- El Katch - El Compa Chuy
- Aqui Estoy Yo - Luis Fonsi
- Abusadora - Wisin & Yandel
- Te Presumo - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Cristian Castro - El Culpable Soy Yo
- Pitbull - I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)
Top #10 Rock songs
- Linkin Park - New Divide
- Kings Of Leon - Use Somebody
- Shinedown - Sound Of Madness
- Green Day - Know Your Enemy
- Silversun Pickups - Panic Switch
- Cage The Elephant - Ain't No Rest For The Wicked
- Careless Whisper - Seether
- Green Day - 21 Guns
- Anberlin - Feel Good Drag
- Drowning (Face Down) - Saving Abel
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
Marc Andreessen and a longtime business partner, Ben Horowitz, have $300 million to invest in information technology start-ups. [..]
Bemis, a Midwestern packaging maker, said late Sunday that it had agreed to buy the American operations of Alcan Packaging, a unit of Rio Tinto, for $1.2 billion in cash and stock. [..]
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $45.98
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $50.49
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $49.87
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $37.55
- 1 CHF = 6.2955 CNY
- 1 CAD = 5.8962 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.936 CHF
- 1 AUD = 5.442 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?