Wednesday 29 July 2009
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas.
Julie & Julia, directed by Nora Ephron, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Eclipse by Stephenie Meyer was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The WiseGuys.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Champions Online or Championship Manager 2009 Express.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 July 2009!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the important events of 29 July 2009 ?
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 29 July
- Gayatri Devi: Indian royalty, born in London, the granddaughter of the Princess Indira Gaekwar of Baroda.
- Nigerian battles
- The death toll in Nigeria's worst violence since November 2008 reaches over 250. (''The Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Boko Haram members flee Maiduguri after the military storms their leader's base and overruns their enclave. (BBC)
- São Tomé and Príncipe signs a loan deal with former colonial power Portugal aimed at anchoring the dobra to the euro. (BBC)
- Moldova goes to the polls for a parliamentary election, with an exit poll suggesting a setback for the Communist Party. (''Time'')
- Massoud Barzani is re-elected President of Kurdistan. (IOL)
- Guinea-Bissau former leader Malam Bacai Sanhá wins a presidential run-off to decide who replaces the assassinated João Bernardo Vieira. (BBC)
- A car bomb explodes outside a police barracks in the northern Spanish city of Burgos, injuring dozens of people. (Sky News)
- An Internet blog belonging to a group calling itself ampquotal-Qaeda Organisation Indonesiaampquot claims responsibility for the July 17 Jakarta hotel bombings. (IOL)
- Iran announces it is to put 20 people detained during protests on trial after the disputed presidential election. (AFP)
- Venezuela ampquotfreezesampquot diplomatic relations with Colombia, after a dispute over Swedish weapons bought by Venezuela were allegedly found on FARC rebels. (BBC)
- Dozens of people are arrested at opposition rallies in Kyrgyzstan, protesting against the disputed presidential election. (''The Straits Times'')
- China announces it will reduce its use of the death penalty for all but the most serious crimes. (BBC)
- The trial of Sudanese journalist and United Nations worker Lubna Ahmed Hussein, who faces 40 lashes for wearing trousers, is adjourned. (BBC)
- French President Nicolas Sarkozy claims he is fine after his fainting fit. (IOL)
- The International Monetary Fund says it will take ampquotunprecedentedampquot measures to help poor countries cope with the economic downturn. (BBC)
- Cuba and Russia sign a deal which allows Russia to begin oil exploration in the Gulf of Mexico. (BBC)
- A rocket is launched from Kazakhstan carrying two British-built satellites designed to help monitor natural disasters. (BBC)
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- The Black Eyed Peas - I Gotta Feeling
- Best I Ever Had - Drake
- Taylor Swift - You Belong With Me
- Keri Hilson - Knock You Down
- Sean Kingston - Fire Burning
- The Black Eyed Peas - Boom Boom Pow
- Lady GaGa - LoveGame
- Pitbull - I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)
- Birthday Sex - Jeremih
- Katy Perry - Waking Up In Vegas
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?