Sunday 12 July 2009
It was Sunday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 12, 2009). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of July people in US were listening to I Gotta Feeling by The Black Eyed Peas.
Orphan, directed by Jaume Collet-Serra, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2009
while Horse Soldiers by Doug Stanton was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Little White Lie.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Assassin's Creed: Bloodlines or Band Hero.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 July 2009
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 July 2009!
Which were the important events of 12 July 2009 ?
- Sveti Petar (St. Peter)
- Sunset and sunrise occur along Manhattan's street grid centerline
- Newfoundland - Orangemen's Day
- Northern Ireland - Battle of the Boyne Day (also known as Orangemen's Day or the Twelfth, see Irish calendar).
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday (2nd day)
- The "center pivot irrigation day" of Colorado
- Kiribati - Independence Day
- RainMaker Day - Salem, OR.
- Spo TomT and Prfncipe - Independence Day
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 12 July
- Chinese Foreign Minister Jiechi Yang says tranquility can be restored in Xinjiang Uighur Autonomous Region and the perpetrators will be brought into court without any ethnical discrimination, in a 1 hour 15 minute phone conversation regarding the recent incidents with his Turkish counterpart Ahmet Davutoğlu. (''Anadolu Agency'')
- Countries in the Middle East take precautionary measures to control the spread of H1N1 during and after the Hajj, where several million Muslims from all over the world will arrive in Mecca for the annual pilgrimage in late November. (IRIN)
- Five people are killed and several injured in India after a bridge being constructed for the Delhi Metro collapses. (BBC)
- A 6.1 magnitude earthquake hits Puno Region in southern Peru with epicenter near Juliaca. (CBS)
- The opposition Democratic Party of Japan wins the most seats in the Tokyo prefectural election. (''The Daily Telegraph'')
- Kidnapped Italian Red Cross volunteer Eugenio Vagni is freed by Abu Sayyaf. (AFP)
- Head of the CIA Leon Panetta accuses former United States Vice President Dick Cheney of hiding an intelligence program from Congress. (BBC)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 2009 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Best I Ever Had - Drake
- Every Girl - Young Money
- Knock You Down - Keri Hilson Featuring Kanye West & Ne-Yo
- Ego - Beyonce
- Jeremih - Birthday Sex
- Pretty Wings - Maxwell
- Wetter (Calling You Daddy) - Twista Featuring Erika Shevon
- Trey Songz - I Need A Girl
- Last Chance - Ginuwine
- Always Strapped - Birdman Featuring Lil Wayne
Top #10 Latin songs
- Causa Y Efecto - Paulina Rubio
- Ya Es Muy Tarde - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- El Amor - Tito "El Bambino" El Patron
- Espinoza Paz - Lo Intentamos
- El Katch - El Compa Chuy
- Aqui Estoy Yo - Luis Fonsi
- Abusadora - Wisin & Yandel
- Te Presumo - Banda El Recodo de Cruz Lizarraga
- Cristian Castro - El Culpable Soy Yo
- Pitbull - I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)
Top #10 Rock songs
- Linkin Park - New Divide
- Kings Of Leon - Use Somebody
- Shinedown - Sound Of Madness
- Green Day - Know Your Enemy
- Silversun Pickups - Panic Switch
- Cage The Elephant - Ain't No Rest For The Wicked
- Careless Whisper - Seether
- Green Day - 21 Guns
- Anberlin - Feel Good Drag
- Drowning (Face Down) - Saving Abel
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?