Monday 24 October 1949
It was Monday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Harry S. Truman (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Francisco Félix and Chester Marcol.
Passport to Pimlico, directed by Henry Cornelius, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1949
while The Autobiography Of Will Rogers by Donald Day was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Plainclothesman.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 1949!
Which were the important events of 24 October 1949 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
- Francisco Félix: Mexican drug lord (d. 2013).
- Chester Marcol: American football player.
- John Markoff: American journalist and author.
- Robert Pickton: Canadian serial killer.
- Keith Rowley: Trinidadian volcanologist and politician 7th Prime Minister of Trinidad and Tobago.
- Stan White: American football player and sportscaster
- Joaquin Nin y Castellanos: Composer, dies at 70.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?