Friday 24 October 1930US date format: 10/24/1930, UK date format: 24/10/1930
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on October 24, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Raj Bagri and Boozoo Chavis.
Way for a Sailor, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
On TV people were watching Betty Boop.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 October 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 October 1930!
Which were the important events of 24 October 1930 ?
- Also see October 24 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In The Fellowship of the Ring, by J.R.R. Tolkien, the date is mentioned to Frodo Baggins by Gandalf upon his waking in Rivendell.
- Discordianism - Maladay
- Zambia - Independence Day (1964)
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Antonio Maria Claret
- United Nations Day (charter 1945)
- Boozoo Chavis: Musician.
- Raj Bagri: Indies / British Merchant in metal.
- Sultan Ahmad Shah: King of Malaysia.
- JP Richardson: The Big Bopper, American singer (d. 1959).
- Big Bopper: American pop star, disc jockey and composer.
- Johan Galtung: Norwegian sociologist, mathematician, and the principal founder of the discipline of peace and conflict studies.
- The Big Bopper: Rock Singer.
- Jack Angel: American voice actor.
- Elaine Feinstein: English poet author and playwright.
- James Douglas: English-born Scottish racing driver and 6th Baronet Douglas (d. 1969).
- Ahmad Shah: Ahmad Shah of Pahang.
- Renaat Verheijen: Flemish actor / director (Dr Faustus), dies at 26.
- A bloodless coup d'etat in Brazil ousts Washington Luis Pereira de Sousa, the last President of the First Republic. Getulio Dornelles Vargas is then installed as ''provisional president.''
- Revolution of 1930: Getúlio Dornelles Vargas establishes a dictatorship in Brazil.