Friday 24 September 1965
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Lyndon B. Johnson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Abdelhakim Dekhar and Robert Irvine.
In that special week of September people in US were listening to Eve Of Destruction by Barry McGuire.
In UK (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction by The Rolling Stones was in the top 5 hits.
Red Beard, directed by Akira Kurosawa, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1965
while Up The Down Staircase by Bel Kaufman was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Der Forellenhof.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 September 1965!
Which were the important events of 24 September 1965 ?
- Abdelhakim Dekhar: French-Algerian shooter who entered the offices of the Paris journal.
- Robert Irvine: English chef and television host.
- Njål Ølnes: Norwegian saxophonist and composer (Dingobats).
- Sean McNabb: American singer bass player and actor (Quiet Riot Great White Rough Cutt House of Lords and Dokken).
- Janet Weiss: American drummer (Sleater-Kinney Quasi Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks The Go-Betweens and Wild Flag).
- Belgium Victor Leemans elected Chairman of European Parliament
- Saudi-Arabian and Egyptian accord about Yemen
- Stefan Stefanopoulos forms Greek government
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1965 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
- Barry McGuire - Eve Of Destruction
- The McCoys - Hang On Sloopy
- We Five - You Were On My Mind
- Dave Clark Five - Catch Us If You Can
- The Beatles - Help!
- Ramsey Lewis Trio - The In Crowd
- Bob Dylan - Like A Rolling Stone
- The Turtles - It Ain't Me Babe
- The Yardbirds - Heart Full Of Soul
- Sonny - Laugh At Me
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?